AmeriCorps Member - New American Integration Program
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Massachusetts Immigrant and Refugee Advocacy CoalitionABOUT THE NEW AMERICAN INTEGRATION PROGRAM
Up to 35 NAIP members will serve a minimum of 1700 hours of service (~40 hours/week) at partner sites across Massachusetts to provide job readiness training, ESOL/civics instruction, and/or citizenship application assistance. The 2022-2023 service term will begin on September 7th, 2022 until July 31, 2023. Applications to serve in 2022-2023 will be accepted on a rolling basis until all positions are filled. Additional requirements and responsibilities may vary by host site.WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The success of NAIP is guided by the contributions of members who have been most directly impacted by the injustices facing immigrant communities as well as members who will listen, learn and act as allies. To create a culture of solidarity, learning and growth, we are looking for candidates that have:
- Interest and respect for the racial, cultural, class, linguistic and gender diversity that exists within immigrant and refugee communities;
- Strong belief in the power and potential of immigrants and refugees as essential to the social, civic and economic fabric of Massachusetts;
- Lived or other experience learning or teaching English, going through the citizenship process, and/or transitioning to the US workforce.
To be eligible to serve in AmeriCorps, you must:
- Be a citizen, permanent resident, or national of the United States;
- Be at least 18 years or older;
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent;
- Be willing to undergo National Service Criminal History Check, including criminal background, sex offender and FBI checks;
- Additional requirements vary by host site.
All NAIP members will receive equal benefits, regardless of site placement:
- Upfront and ongoing training and professional development, including an opportunity to obtain a 120-hour certificate to Teach English to Speakers of Other Languages.
- A living stipend up to $20,000.00;
- Monthly MBTA pass or equivalent travel reimbursement, or up to $50 data/internet stipend while members are serving remotely due to COVID-19 restrictions;
- Education Award up to $6,345.00 upon completion of service;
- Forbearance on eligible student loans while in service, plus payments for accrued interest upon successful completion of service;
- Health insurance;
- Child care assistance for qualifying individuals.
All NAIP members are expected to:
- Attend all corps-wide training, including orientation and monthly member meetings (until further notice, all training is planned to be held online)
- Complete weekly and monthly reporting requirements to document your AmeriCorps service
- Serve a minimum of 1700 hours of service, training and professional development over eleven months.
- Carry out all assigned responsibilities at the host site, which may include job readiness and/or job placement services, teaching English for Speakers of Other Languages, and/or assisting with applications for citizenship and/or provide civics instruction (please visit our website for more details about the varying responsibilities at each host site).
All NAIP members will have the opportunity to:
- Participate in optional MIRA and ENB events and training
- At the direction of your host site, you may also have the opportunity to recruit and coordinate volunteers, provide community interpreting and translation, provide referrals to relevant community services, and other opportunities - please visit our website for more information about each host site.
Please note: under federal law, AmeriCorps members cannot engage in political, union or religious activities during service hours. A complete list of AmeriCorps prohibited activities is available on the CNCS website.NAIP NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
NAIP does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, ability, gender, secular preference, sexual orientation, marital status, age, political affiliation or religion, in accordance with the non- discrimination requirements of applicable statutes.
NAIP is committed to supporting individuals with disabilities to serve as AmeriCorps members. If you require accommodations for the application and/or interview process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-350-5480 ext. 216 or 227.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
8296 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
105 Chauncy Street Suite 901Boston, MA 02111
October 14, 2022
- Human Resources Diversity
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME