Sustainability and Climate Action Intern
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: SGAP Leaders
Sustainability Challenge & Climate Action Intern
Part time (virtual) estimate of 5-8 hours per week
A pioneering climate solutions and leadership training nonprofit group seeks an intern with a strong passion for solving systemic problems around climate change. Our goal is to close the "climate knowledge-action gap" and empower a generation of young leaders. The intern candidate will be on the front lines of the unfolding of the "race to zero carbon" playbook and will find themselves as a viable part of a number of impactful conversations with a variety of players in the field of climate action. Graduate and undergraduate students are encouraged to apply.Responsibilities include
- Help to recruit 500 students to participate in the pilot by contacting teachers, administrators and organizations interested in an unprecedented "zero carbon" challenge. Challenge will initially involve two states.
- Help to develop a framework for local school v. school, then national "state v. state" contest to get to zero carbon
- Conduct administrative and measurement tasks to support the pilot.
- Track budgets and hours to ensure that we are on target.
- Passion for and interest in impacting communities to "get to net zero".
- Excellent social skills (i.e.: assertive, keen negotiator and collaborator).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Systems thinking skills (preferred).
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent problem solving skills, especially those that involve conflicting
- parties & ideas.
- Excellent listening skills, including a habit of asking follow-up questions.
- Knowledge of computer science, marketing, multimedia communication or a related field a plus
- Familiar with CODA App, Google Suite, Microsoft Office
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to multitask
- Demonstrable analytical skills
- Demonstrable social media skills.
- Gain hands-on experience in a dynamic position
- Shadow and train with knowledgeable professionals
- Attend networking events and meetings both mundane and cutting edge
- Possible travel ( Washington DC, partner schools located in NJ and NY)
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
15800 Crabbs Branch Way300Rockville, MD 20855
April 22, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK