2 people are interested
Summer Camp Educational Aide
ORGANIZATION: Corazon a Corazon (Heart to Heart)
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
Are you looking for an opportunity to give back to the community and enhance your Education Acumen this summer?
Be a Summer Achievement Camp Tutor at Corazón a Corazón!
Summer Achievement Camp program:
*Academic-based program for students in grades 1-8
*Small groups divided according to academic grade level
*Programming for students includes math, reading, writing, recess, nutritious breakfast, and lunch as well as fun outdoor activities throughout the day
Tutors will be responsible for the following:
- Tutoring a small group of students during instruction time and ensures understanding of one or more academic subjects.
- Help review completed assignments and suggest ways to improve.
- Provide positive feedback on the student’s progress and encourages the student’s continued academic excellence.
- Engage with students during instruction time and during extracurricular activities.
- Supervise students during recess, lunch, and other activities.
- Distribute materials during class and helping put materials away at the end of the day.
- Monitor students during lunch, recess, and during field trips (2 library visits only).
- Organize materials and helping sanitize tables at the end of the day.
- Other duties as assigned.
5 Week Summer Achievement Camp program starts Monday, June 27 - Friday, July 29
Orientation will be Friday, June 24 time (TBD)
Corazón a Corazón
12731 S. Wood Street
Blue Island, IL 60406
Tutors are needed Monday-Friday 8:45 am-3:00 pm; We ask that tutors commit to at least two days per week.
This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity. Internship credit is available. We also offer non-credit volunteer opportunities.
*Accepting Tutor Applications NOW!
Please send your resume to Gina Perez-Giblin at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us for more information!
Must be 18+ of age
(Teens attending high school are welcomed to apply and will work alongside an adult)
High school diploma or equivalent
Virtus training (free of cost)
All training and orientation will be available to tutors prior to the start of the program.
(Orientation date: Thursday, June 22)
5 More opportunities with Corazon a Corazon (Heart to Heart)1 Review
About Corazon a Corazon (Heart to Heart)
12731 S. Wood Street, Blue Island, IL 60406, US
Impelled by the mission of Jesus and enriched by the charism of the School Sisters of Notre Dame, Corazon a Corazon is committed to providing educational assistance to Latinos, especially women and children. While focusing on Latinos, we exclude no one from our concern.
Corazon a Corazon is a non-profit organization that serves the Latino community. We offer one-on-one ESL tutoring for adults and an After-School program for children, both of which are volunteer based. Corazon believes that education is key to advancing and empowering our community.
12731 S. Wood StreetBlue Island, IL 60406
February 7, 2023
- Visual Arts
- Reading / Writing
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- At least 2 days a week