DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Comprehensive Sexuality Education Facilitator
ORGANIZATION: OAK PARK OUR WHOLE LIVES NFP
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Oak Park Our Whole Lives (OP-OWL) is looking for facilitators to lead our developmentally appropriate comprehensive sexuality education classes in the fall and winter. OP-OWL offers training in the nationally recognized OWL curriculum in exchange for a commitment to:
- Attend a 2.5 day training in OWL facilitation (Sept 9-11, 2022 for Grades 7-12 and Sept 23-25 for Grades K-6).
- Participate in a thorough background check
- Facilitate two sessions (for grades K-6) and one session (grades 9-12) of classes each year, in the fall and winter. Time commitments vary by age group; see schedules on our web page: www.opowl.org
OP-OWL pays for the training and a copy of the OWL curriculum for all facilitators volunteering with our program. Facilitators are guaranteed one spot for a student in the classes (if desired) free of charge.
Good facilitator candidates are:
- Committed to values-based, comprehensive sexuality education.
- Comfortable with their own sexuality.
- Comfortable with the specific age group they plan to facilitate and its developmental needs.
- Anti-bias aware and willing to continue education themselves.
- Advocates for sexual health and safety.
- Dedicated team members and facilitators.
We have a particular need for facilitators who are not women, especially for the secondary school level, and welcome facilitators of all genders, religions, ethnicities and sexual orientations.
To learn more about the Oak Park OWL program, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our web page at http://www.opowl.org. For more information about the Our Whole Lives curriculum, visit http://www.uua.org/re/owl.
02:30 PM to 04:00 PM
Kindergarten and First Grade Classes
02:45 PM to 04:15 PM
Fourth and Fifth Grade Class
05:45 PM to 07:30 PM
Seventh, Eighth and Ninth Grade Class
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About OAK PARK OUR WHOLE LIVES NFP
806 N LOMBARD AVE, OAK PARK, IL 60302, US
Oak Park Our Whole Lives's mission is to educate children and their families and caregivers about sexuality in a way that is comprehensive, holistic, and inclusive. We believe that physical and emotional pleasure and connection are a healthy and natural part of life. Many gender identities and sexual and romantic orientations are all part of the normal, natural range of human sexual experience. Our goal is to provide education on these topics to children and caring adults in Oak Park and the wider Chicago area.
The Oak Park Our Whole Lives program was started in 2016 by two Oak Park working mothers who wanted the Oak Park area to have more options for quality sexuality education. OP-OWL uses trained facilitators and a nationally-recognized, standards-based curriculum to engage in developmentally appropriate discussions about bodies, gender, sexuality, values, health, consent, and responsibility (among other things!) with elementary and middle school students. Classes are available to students in Oak Park and surrounding areas.
The Our Whole Lives curriculum is a sexuality education curriculum developed by the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) and the United Church of Christ (UCC). It is designed to help participants make informed and responsible decisions about their sexual health and behavior. The Oak Park program is open to people of all faiths and does not include any religious or faith-based content.
6300 Roosevelt RoadOak Park, IL 60304
April 21, 2022
- Teaching / Instruction
- Youth Services
- Administrative Support
- Child Development
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Child Advocacy
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2.5 day training, the 8-12 sessions 1-1.5 hours each.