Disasters are less disastrous when YOU & the Red Cross are there.
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross of Southeastern PA - Headquarters
Please visit the new page to apply.
TURN YOUR COMPASSION INTO ACTION!
Help before, during, or after a disaster.
Register at www.redcross.org/volunteer or email Ned.Bloom@redcross.org.
It's your choice. Before a disaster, help families prepare by installing smoke alarms and sharing educational materials. During a disaster, coordinate with local authorities while dispatching Red Cross personnel and resources from your home phone and computer or respond on-scene providing immediate care and access to food, clothing, and shelter. After a disaster, support those affected through their recovery phase from your location.
From your home or in the field, help your neighbors when they need it most.
- HOME FIRE CAMPAIGN TEAM MEMBERS -- By appointment, share life saving educational materials and install free smoke alarms. All supplies & training provided. Also join SOUND THE ALARM! events.
- DISPATCHER DUTY OFFICERS -- Requires strong communication skills and reliable home phone & Internet service. Also commitment to training and minimum one 6-hour on-call shift per week.
- DISASTER ACTION TEAM MEMBERS -- Respond immediately to local disasters (i.e. house fires.) Commitment to training, minimum one 4-hour on-call shift per week, and reliable transportation required.
- RECOVERY SERVICES CASEWORKERS -- From your phone and computer, guide those affected by disasters through their recovery phase, connecting them to available resources and organizations.
About American Red Cross of Southeastern PA - Headquarters
2221 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the POWER OF VOLUNTEERS and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross offers a wide variety of volunteer opportunities -- including:
- Biomedical/Blood Services as an Screener, Ambassador or Driver
- Disaster Cycle Services as a Responder (locally and/or nationally) or Recovery Caseworker
- Emergency Preparedness as a Smoke Alarm Installer or Youth Educator
- Community Outreach
- Volunteer Services
- Service to the Armed Forces
Multiple locations Philadelphia, PA 19123
May 28, 2022
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training