Social Media Assistant
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Roots for Life
Who We Are
Roots for Life is a grassroots social movement dedicating its resources to educate and empower
communities to thrive. Our approach to filling vital needs in the community is multi-faceted--(1) to connect individuals, currently in food insecure areas, to locally grown fruits and vegetables, (2) to educate on their nutritional value, and (3) to empower a healthy change into their lives. Roots for Life’s programs work in conjunction with a comprehensive educational component that is designed to deepen the connectivity by providing tips and techniques towards healthy living.
The Social Media Assistant is an unpaid virtual volunteer position. This role will assist our Director
of Marketing in promoting current social media strategies to increase overall reach, create brand awareness, and grow our community of supporters and donors. On occasion, this role may be involved in the creative process. He/she will use social media outlets to promote active Roots for Life campaigns and messaging to engage the public and increase online presence and support.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Help create content for Roots for Life social media platforms
· Assist in creating graphics for various campaigns and posts
· Support our organization's active social media campaigns and online fundraising activities.
· Spread Roots for Life images, messaging and activities through the organization’s social media
channels, and personal social media networks, if willing.
· Contribute creative ideas for increasing online reach, and new campaign initiatives.
· Assist in monitoring activity and user interactions for all social media.
As well as undertaking the following project:
· PR: Writing a press releases and blogs
The Social Media Volunteer will be expected to partake in brainstorming sessions and marketing meetings with the aim of setting strategies and objectives for social media campaigns.
Skills & Personal Traits
· Experience with key social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Google+).
· Ability to use online media tools to engage members, donors, and corporate partners.
· Proficient in Canva
· Knowledge of social media legal guidelines.
· Outgoing, enthusiastic, and creative.
· Strong writing and editing skills, with keen attention to detail.
· Works well independently and proactively as part of a team, and ability to meet deadlines.
· Knowledge of non-profit culture is preferred.
Term/Commitment: This position requires a minimum 6-month commitment for an average of 2-4 hours per week, which will be completed virtually in the Social Media Assistant own office or home. Position commitment is subject to renew and extension by agreement from both parties.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Southeast BoulevardWashington, DC 20003
April 21, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK