ORGANIZATION: City of Oxford
Please visit the new page to apply.
Efficient and effective administration is vital to the overall success of the City of Oxford. The Administrative Assistant Volunteers serve a necessary and important role in improving our administration.
The volunteers in this capacity will work at Oxford City Hall to assist staff in efficient office administration.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Work with City of Oxford staff to perform tasks as assigned
2. Conduct oneself in a diplomatic and courteous manner.
3. Administrative tasks may include but are not limited to organizing files, hard copy & digital filing, data entry, etc.
4. Wear appropriate attire for an office environment
5. Coomfortable with confidentiality as you would be working with sensitive material.
1. Must sign a confidentiality agreement,
2. Have reliable transportation
3. Willingness to work within guidelines, policies, and standards and mission statement of the City of Oxford.
4. Ability to work independently and in a team.
5. Strong communication skills and ability to follow directions.
About City of Oxford
300 Williamsboro St., Oxford, NC 27565, US
The mission of the City of Oxford is to serve and improve our community by providing high quality, affordable services, sound planning for growth and development, and offering the highest possible quality of life while maintaining the public’s trust through open communication and ethical standards at all times.
The City of Oxford will partner with the community to build upon the charm and character of our historic, vibrant, and walkable city to create an extraordinary quality of life for all. To further define this vision, in the future Oxford will:
- Retain its rural atmosphere where friendly citizens foster a positive community spirit.
- Be a regional destination for tourists and visitors attracted by the City’s heritage and historic character.
- Provide recreation opportunities for all citizens.
- Have a historic and vibrant downtown with unique shops, restaurants, housing, and community activities.
- Be a walkable and safe community with tree-lined streets and attractive buildings.
- Have well-designed neighborhoods and commercial areas offering a variety of shopping, dining, entertainment, and housing options for all residents.
- Plan for Future growth while protecting its environmental resources and maintain quality public services at an affordable cost.
300 Williamsboro StreetOxford, NC 27565
April 20, 2022
- Office Management
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Program Management
- The City of Oxford is asking for those in this position to commit to at least 1, 3 hour shift weekly. Volunteers are allowed flexibility in scheduling shifts.