2 people are interested
Thrift Shop Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society (NMCRS) Groton is looking for committed volunteers to work our thrift shop located on Naval Submarine Base New London which is open Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 10:00 am - 1:00 pm and Thursdays 10:00 am - 4:00pm (excluding holidays). Our Thrift Shop Volunteers are responsible for performing a variety of tasks to support our active duty and retired military families.
- Collect, sort and price donated items
- Arrange items in the sales area
- Check clients out using an electronic payment system
- Maintain accurate sales records
- Commit to the team for a minimum of 3 months
- Complete NMCRS Orientation and Training
- Be able to work collaboratively with a variety of personalities, including clients and fellow volunteers
- No prior experience required; in-house training provided
- Childcare and mileage reimbursed
- Build your resume
- Gain retail experience
- Opportunity to have a positive impact on quality of life for NMCRS clients
Preference given for those who already have military base access. Those without base access must be able to pass a background check. For more information about Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society please visit www.nmcrs.org.
10:00 AM to 01:00 PM
Monday - Friday. (excluding holidays) Minimum of 3 hours per month; 16 hours a week max.
01:00 PM to 04:00 PM
Thursday. (excluding holidays); Minimum of 3 hours per month; 16 hours a week max.
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society
Building 83, PO BOX 25, Groton, CT 06349, US
"The mission of the Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society is to provide, in partnership with the Navy and Marine Corps, financial, educational, and other assistance to members of the Naval Services of the United States, eligible family members, and survivors when in need; and to receive and manage funds to administer these programs."
"We are a private, non-profit, volunteer, service organization. As a Center of Excellence, we are committed to ensure that all available resources are used to assist personnel of the Naval Services - active, retired, and their eligible family members - to achieve financial self-sufficiency and find solutions to emergency needs."
Navy-Marine Corps Relief SocietyPO Box 25 Building 83SUBASE New LondonGroton, CT 06349
April 19, 2022
- Customer Service
- Retail / Sales
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 3 hours per month; 16 hours a week max. Commit to the team for a minimum of 3 months
- Naval Submarine Base New London access or able to pass a background check.