Summer Camp Counselor
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Fleet Science Center
*We are currently recruiting for Summer 2022. Review of all applicants will begin after the position closes May 16.
A virtual information session will be hosted on May 18, 2022 for all applicants; the Fleet Science Center will be in contact with link information after applications have been collected.
During spring, summer, and winter camps, Camp Counselors are an integral part of the Education team. They share their science knowledge through verbal engagement and help to spark campers’ curiosity, excitement, and interest in our many hands-on activities. Camp Counselors gain interactive experience with school-age children and ensure that all campers have a fun and memorable learning experience!
- Assist Education Department staff with preparation of materials and set-up of activity areas
- Assist with the break-down of the workshops, including cleaning activity areas at the end of session
- Assist educators with facilitation of hands-on science activities
- Assist educators with camper supervision throughout Balboa Park excursions
- Project a positive, friendly, and helpful demeanor while working with students, staff, and parents
- Be knowledgeable and aware of safety and emergency procedures
- Minimum 16 years old
- Reliable, friendly, and punctual with a background and interest in science and/or education
- Comfortable interacting with new people or interested in gaining this skill
- Demonstrates desire to work with children and adults from diverse backgrounds
- Presents professionally in appearance and communication
- Aptly handles varying environments (outdoor, indoor, noisy, crowded, quiet, etc.)
All Camp Counselors are asked to commit to one full week at a time, with consistent morning or afternoon shifts Monday-Friday. Summer Counselors are asked to commit to a total of 2 full weeks of the 9 weeks offered; you may opt for any 2 weeks (can be non-consecutive) within the 9 weeks of summer camp programming.
Week 1: June 20-24
Week 2: June 27-July 1
Week 3: July 5-8
Week 4: July 11-15
Week 5: July 18-22
Week 6: July 25-29
Week 7: August 1-5
Week 8: August 8-12
Week 9: August 15-19
Wednesday, May 15th - virtual
Wednesday, June 8th - virtual
Saturday, June 11th - at the Fleet
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
1875 El PradoSan Diego, CA 92101
April 19, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, PART_TIME