DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Scholars Program Coordinator (No Compensation - Remote - Volunteer)
ORGANIZATION: GAMES FOR LOVE
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Games for Love is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization that works to ease suffering, save lives, and create sustainable futures for children. We believe in the concept of "distraction therapy" and bring the joy of gaming into the lives of our junior gamers in hospitals around the country. We plan to help 10 million kids in the next 5 years. We have a healthy ecosystem to achieve that goal with your intelligent contribution.
GFL Scholars is a scholarship and excellence program that gives away scholarships as little as $500 to students who have overcome or are overcoming childhood adversity or illnesses.
- Review scholar applications and provide scores
- Assist Scholar Board with selecting winners
- Make sure winners are invited to our Internship program
- Follow the stories of scholar winners to track their progress and check-in
- Track stats for impact, and sharing reports with the community each month
- Highlight stories, work with families to cover and share with our donors, and community
- Maintain website stats and publicly shared data
- Work with Video teams and marketing
- Strive to impact as many students as we can
- Partner and work with organizations that can further our impacts such as new scholarship communities or websites, organizations, or colleges/universities
- Ability to volunteer 10-15 hrs per week for a minimum of 12 months
- Program or project management experience of 1 year or more
- At least one-year work experience in public health or other public service or community-focused role (preferred)
- At least one-year work experience in financial aid and/or scholarship administration
- Strong interpersonal skills that support activities to improve the individual, program, and organizational performance (e.g., encouragement, optimism, compassion, empathy, resilience, recognition of the value of performance improvement)
- A record showing commitment to customer service and the application of appropriate flexibility in response to issues and opposing points of view
- Experience leading non-profit programs is a plus
- You want to be part of something great that positively impacts society especially in times of crisis
- You are proactive to collaborate remotely
- Work from anywhere on earth - 100% remote
- Massive networking opportunities with 500+ members of our community
- Level up your skills
- OPT & CPT programs
- Make a big impact in the world
- Have lots of fun partnering with passionate game developers
- Join the mastermind group and learn from top game developers
- Volunteer recognition & awards
Games for Love is an equal opportunity organization. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
About GAMES FOR LOVE
16824 44th Ave W Suite 130 98037, Lynnwood, WA 98037, US
Games for Love is a 501(c)(3) gaming charity dedicated to easing suffering, saving lives, and creating a sustainable future for children.
Improving the lives of children through what we call the program ecosystem, which is 6 programs working together in tandem to accomplish our mission to help children. We are not looking at the symptoms of global problems to place a bandaid but at the root of the problems to solve them from the foundation. Our community creates a safe place of support, mentorship, and growth for all those involved.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
April 18, 2022
- Strategic Planning
- Must be at least 18
- 10-15 hrs per week for a minimum of 12 months
- Program or project management experience of 1 year or more. At least one-year work experience in public health or other public service or community-focused role (preferred). At least 1 yr work experience in financial aid and/or scholarship.