68 people are interested
Make Sure Everyone Has Access to Food in Kirkland!
Please visit the new page to apply.
68 people are interested
Hopelink needs your help to make sure everyone in our community has access to food!
Volunteer are asked to commit to at least 3 months of volunteering and volunteers must be at least 16 years old. Opportunities mostly between 8:30 AM-5:00 PM on Mondays-Thursdays with some evening opportunities starting at 4:30 PM.
Volunteer opportunities are available at our Kirkland Market in the following positions:
- Grocery Rescue Sorting: Help sort donations from the grocery store and make sure they are ready to go out on the shelves. Must be able to lift at least 20 pounds.
- Market Check-In: Greet shoppers and check them in using our appointment app. Volunteers must be comfortable using technology and working independently.
- Customer Service: Provide a supportive experience for our shoppers. Volunteers must be able to lift at least 20 pounds.
- Donation Receiver: Greet and thank donors for their food donations. You'll help unload donations from cars, write receipts, and move items to their appropriate location. Volunteers must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Restocker: Make sure the market shelves stay stocked during distribution. Volunteers must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Prep: Make sure the market is prepped and ready to go for distribution. Volunteers must be able to lift at least 30 pounds.
- Warehouse donation sorting: Sort food donations into categories and check expiration dates. Volunteers must be able to lift at least 25 pounds.
5 More opportunities with Hopelink1 Review
8990 154th Ave NE, Redmond, WA 98052, US
The mission of Hopelink is to promote self-sufficiency for all members of our community; we help people make lasting change.
Hopelink is the largest private, non-profit, social service agency in north and east King County. Hopelink started in 1971 in Bothell to assist families who had been affected by Boeing lay-offs with job search services. Since then, Hopelink has grown to include six emergency service centers and food banks, and programs in housing, family development, childcare, transportation, and more. In July of 2001, Eastside Literacy became a program of Hopelink, adding Adult Literacy and English as a Second Language services to our programs. Over 2000 Hopelink volunteers help their neighbors work towards lasting change each year.
11011 120th Ave NEKirkland, WA 98033
March 24, 2023
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours per week for at least 3 months