131 people are interested
Emotional Support - Chat Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Certified Listeners Society
Please visit the new page to apply.
131 people are interested
Why Join Certified Listeners Society?
We are a not-for-profit organization based in Ontario, Canada built by a community of people dedicated to providing early-stage emotional support to anyone who needs it 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. We are not a crisis helpline. We believe that by serving the masses to navigate the challenges of our lives, with early-stage and real-time Emotional Support interventions, we can help individuals make better mental health lifestyle choices to live better, happier, healthier lives. Visit our website to find out more about us: https://certifiedlisteners.org/
The Emotional Chat Volunteer, also known as a Certified Listener you will be providing emotional support on the online chat platform and provide support to chatters who are in distress and emotional. As a Certified Listener, you are not a therapist or telling others what to do and our volunteers do not provide crisis intervention or addiction counseling. There will be proper training provided before taking support chats and this is an opportunity to gain more life skills.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide immediate and confidential support that adires by the agency procedures and policies
- Complete the weekly designated shifts and reporting to Certified Listener supervisor and coordinator
- Work with callers/chatters, volunteers and staff in a respectful and professional manner
- Letting chatter know someone listens and cares
- Letting the chatter know there is someone here to provide individual support
- Managing to build relationships and have conversations through empathy and emotional on the online platform
- Ongoing training, development and support from the team
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent communication skill and computer literate
- Proficiency in the English language in written
- Capacity to remain calm and collected in a challenging situation
- Non-judgemental and accepting the various values and beliefs of others
- Ability to work independently
- Access to reliable internet connectivity and private workspace from home
- Adherence to Certified Listeners Society policies, procedures and online chat guidelines
- 18+ Years Old
- MUST BE A CANDIAN CITIZEN
- Two references (professional, academic or volunteer-related)
- Police reference check, including vulnerable sector screening
- Successful completion of all comprehensive Core Competencies training programs, quizzes, and screening process
- Reliability in fulfilling weekly shift commitments
- Comply with Certified Listeners Society policies and procedures and our Code of Ethics
- Maintain a confidential workplace as well as confidentiality about your work
- Sign and comply to our Volunteer Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Participation in ongoing training and work relation development opportunities
Time Commitment: You are expected to complete weekly shifts and choose from the best time that suits you from the six designated timing. You can work at least 2 to 3 4-hour shifts per week after completion of screening and training.
How to apply? Interested volunteers who would love to volunteer with us should apply by clicking the following link: https://certifiedlisteners.org/application/. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to message firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 08:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- 12:15 PM to 04:00 PM
- 04:15 PM to 08:00 PM
- 08:15 PM to 12:00 AM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Certified Listeners Society
1235 Fairview St. Unit 314, Burlington, On L7S 2K9, CA
OUR MISSION: At Certified Listeners, our mission is to enhance people's lives by offering them emotional support. Through meaningful conversations and active listening, we can make a positive impact in the lives of many around the world. When it comes to emotional support, we believe in being proactive. This means that we don't wait for individuals to call us for help. Instead, we go out of our way to find people in need. We are looking for dedicated, committed and skilled volunteers to join our team. If you consider yourself empathetic, a strong communicator, and reliable, we'd love to hear from you! To learn more about us, please visit our website https://certifiedlisteners.org/
Certified Listeners Society is a federal not-for-profit organization built by a community of people dedicated to providing early-stage emotional support to anyone who needs it 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
We are not a crisis helpline. We believe that by serving the masses to navigate the challenges of our lives, with early-stage and real-time interventions, we can help individuals make better mental health lifestyle choices to live better, happier, healthier lives.
To bridge the gap between early intervention and mental health support.
By providing early intervention, we assist in the development of self-awareness in order to educate the masses to seek professional therapeutic services as a lifestyle choice to develop a healthy emotional well being early on.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
May 2, 2023
- Mental Health
- Counseling / Mental Health
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- To work a minimum one 4-hour shift per week for a period of at least 3 months. There is flexibility in scheduling, and you will be able to choose weekly shifts that best suite you.
- Two references will be required. Successful candidates will have to complete our Certified Listeners training and job shadowing. Training can be done at your own pace.