1 person is interested
Spanish/English Speaking Hospice Volunteers Needed in Palm Coast
ORGANIZATION: Kindred Hospice - Palm Coast
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
The Kindred Hospice Palm Coast branch is seeking bilingual (English/Spanish) volunteers to provide companionship to patients in their homes in Palm Coast.
- Enjoy making a difference in the life of a terminally ill person.
- Enjoy learning about the life history of an amazing patient.
- Enjoy a volunteer appreciation luncheon.
- Enjoy one-of-a-kind experiences with patients and staff.
- Enjoy an annual education program.
- Enjoy quarterly guest speaker programs.
- Must be fully Covid vaccinated.
- Be at least 18 years of age to volunteer directly with patients.
- Application, reference check, background check, fingerprinting, drug screening, and TB test (all at no cost!!)
- Hospice volunteer orientation and annual training.
- Must be able to transport self to and from patient home; may not be dropped off.
Volunteers provide friendly, non-medical visits to hospice patients in their homes; no hands-on care permitted.
Types of direct care might include:
- Caregiver relief
- Reading, playing cards, or playing games
- Conducting life review
- Performing/playing music
- Arts/crafts with patient
Scheduling is flexible; generally 2 hours, 1 x per week. All visits take place in patient home.
For more information, please respond to this ad or email the volunteer coordinator directly at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in being a Kindred Hospice Volunteer!
About Kindred Hospice - Palm Coast
160 Cypress Point Pkwy, Suite D-104, Palm Coast, FL 32164, US
The mission of Kindred At Home - Hospice Division is to honor life and offer compassion to individuals and their families when facing a life-limiting illness.
Kindred Hospice provides care in patient homes, assisted living facilities, and nursing homes.
Multiple locations Palm Coast, FL 32137
April 14, 2022
- Mental Health
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours, 1 x per week.
- Reliability is key. Must be able to keep set schedule each week. Visits are not as needed; they are pre-scheduled. Schedule cannot change every week. Communication skills are very important.