4 people are interested
Mental Health Professional Volunteers Needed in Mecklenburg County
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross
Please visit the new page to apply.
4 people are interested
Are you a mental health professional? Then share your skills and consider volunteering to help disaster survivors.
The Red Cross is actively recruiting Mental Health volunteers to help us meet the local needs in our community. Red Cross Disaster Mental Health volunteer teams are active throughout the United States, meeting the emotional and psychosocial needs of disaster survivors and fellow Red Cross disaster workers. These teams respond to disasters of all sizes, from single family fires to large-scale events.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Respond to the immediate emotional distress and psychosocial needs of disaster survivors and Red Cross disaster responders
- Supplement local mental health resources during times of disasters
- Support the community in building resilience
- Help facilitate long-term recovery for clients impacted by disaster
- Help clients connect to other resources in the community as needed
- Master’s level or higher mental health professional with a current and unencumbered license in one of the following disciplines: Psychiatry, Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, School Counseling
- Psychiatric Nurses that have a state license as a registered nurse and a minimum of 2 years’ verified experience in a psychiatric setting.
- Retired mental health professionals who meet the above criteria and maintained a license/certification in good standing upon retirement.
Learn more and apply online at: www.redcross.org/volunteer.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
74 More opportunities with American Red Cross
About American Red Cross
2425 Park Road, Charlotte, NC 28203, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Multiple locations Charlotte, NC 28203
May 11, 2023
- Mental Health
- Case Work / Management
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Crisis Counseling
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Varies depending on disaster activities. Typically, four hours or less per week. Volunteers must also complete 7.5 hours of training.
- This volunteer role is primarily virtual, but volunteers must reside in the counties we serve.