Blood Services Donor Ambassador Summer Youth Corps 2022
Please visit the new page to apply.
How old do I need to be to join?
- 16-24 years old.
What will I do?
- You will be a Blood Services Donor Ambassador
Summer Youth Corps Volunteer
See attached position description for details.
Face masks required at Red Cross Blood Drives.
What is my promise to help the Red Cross?
- Sign up for 10 (4-6 hour) volunteer shifts that can be
scheduled between May 1 and August 31, 2022.
When and where does the Red Cross need help?
- Most blood drives take place during the day.
Monday - Friday, and occasionally on weekends.
- Blood drives are held throughout the Northern Ohio
What’s in it for you?
ü Gain valuable work experience to prepare you for the future
ü Spend your summertime in an interesting & meaningful way
ü Give back to the community by helping to save lives
- You will provide your own transportation to the
volunteer events that you choose.
How do I schedule?
- Sign up online and commit to the dates, time and location that best fit your schedule.
- Summer Youth Corps register for 10 volunteer shifts, be prepared to confirm your availability.
- We're counting on you to volunteer! Shift cancellations or no-shows will preclude you from participation in Summer Youth Corps.
How will I be trained?
- You will register for a mandatory online training session.
- Dates/times will be sent by email to you.
What do I gain from the experience?
- A certificate and letter of reference for your portfolio (great for college applications, future jobs, etc.) upon successful completion of the program.
- Documented volunteer service hours.
- The ability to build your customer service skills and contribute to your community.
- The opportunity to work directly with the Red Cross Blood Services Team.
- A Red Cross name badge to wear while volunteering.
About American Red Cross - Northeast/Northwest/North Central Ohio
3747 Euclid Ave., Cleveland, OH 44115, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
1245 Napoleon StFremont, OH 43420
April 13, 2022
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 10 Shifts in 3 months