4 people are interested
First Defense Legal Aid Marketing Intern
ORGANIZATION: FIRST DEFENSE LEGAL AID
Please visit the new page to apply.
4 people are interested
Help get justice for survivors of police abuse by lending your brilliant mind as a First Defense Legal Aid Marketing Intern. The Marketing Intern will support FDLA’s Know Your Rights team, which conducts workshops, peer education, and street outreach, while also producing multimedia educational materials to build hope, skills, and knowledge necessary for folks to access their constitutional rights when in contact with police. The program strives to promote community education, such that the overarching goal of changing police culture and police practices can be achieved.
This position is unpaid, but dependent on the requirements of your institution, it may allow for work-study funds or academic credit to be received for the internship.
The FDLA Marketing Intern will assist with the overall goal of updating and revamping educational materials, to ensure that FDLA is able to reach larger portions of the surrounding community and continually engage with the populations that are most impacted by police misconduct and abuse.
- Assisting with the design and execution of social media campaigns
- Updating community education and/or outreach materials
Requirements and Qualifications
- Proven commitment to FDLA’s core values, which are Fairness, Dignity, Liberation and Accountability
- Experience with educational programming
- Familiarity with Chicago and its history, especially the South and West Side neighborhoods
- Candidates should be proficient in Microsoft Office 365 Online and Google Suite
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About FIRST DEFENSE LEGAL AID
601 S. California Ave., CHICAGO, IL 60612, US
We work to promote fairness and accountability in the justice system.
First Defense Legal Aid provides free, 24-hour legal representation to people in Chicago Police custody and educates Chicagoans about how to protect their constitutional rights. We undertake these activities to promote fairness and accountability in the justice system.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
April 13, 2022
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
- Orientation or Training
- This part-time position is very flexible and project-based, so we can work with your schedule.