7 people are interested
Clinical Program Intern - Youth & Family Services
ORGANIZATION: Idaho Youth Ranch
Please visit the new page to apply.
7 people are interested
Who You Are: You are interested in gaining and applying clinical knowledge and expertise in treating trauma and trauma-related symptomology in youth and young adults. You are interested in learning how to identify and use client strengths and needs to drive ethical and appropriate diagnosis and treatment of various mental health disorders using evidence based and best-practice guidelines and interventions. You are interested in becoming a skilled clinician in diagnostic utilizing DSM V and will be seeking employment in a clinical setting post-graduation. You are a self-motivated and lifelong learner.As an intern, you will enjoy a service opportunity where Relationships are the foundation, where we are all Committed to the same mission, where Growth is always possible, where we are all treated with and show Compassion, where trust guides us to Transparency and above all, where Joy sustains us.
What You Will Do: Clinical Program Intern will:
- Complete a comprehensive diagnostic assessment for each client in service
- Identify and use clients strengths and needs using a CANS assessment
- Use the results of CANS assessments to drive treatment plan
- Utilize evidence-based interventions specific to clients diagnosis
- Document weekly sessions, complete required assessments and paperwork in timely fashion
- Gain experience in various settings to apply to your professional growth (e.g., individual, group, family counseling; case management)
- Collaborate with other IYR staff and community partners to coordinate services for client and families
- Attend weekly team meetings
- Participate in trainings and supervision sessions
Clinical Program Intern will need:
- To be able to keep up with physical demands that, depending on the internship setting, would include recreational and community work situations
Why Unite With Us: The Idaho Youth Ranch is one of the oldest non-profit agencies in the state of Idaho. Volunteers help move our mission forward. We unite for Idaho’s youth by providing accessible programs and services that nurture hope, healing and resilience.
- Weekly (Monday - Sunday)
- 1-8 hr shifts (after school sessions required, some weekends may be available)
- 1-7x a week (Depends on practicum requirements)
- Can accommodate Summer, Fall or Spring internships
How: In order to be considered for this internship, you will need to:
- Be at least 19 years old.
- Have a valid, state issued driver’s license.
- Submit application and resume
- Submit to a criminal background check and pre-service drug/alcohol screening
- Complete interview
- Comply with all Idaho Youth Ranch Volunteer Policies and Procedure
36 More opportunities with Idaho Youth Ranch
About Idaho Youth Ranch
5465 W. Irving St, Boise, ID 83706, US
The Idaho Youth Ranch creates promising futures through courageous transformations.
Every child is born full of promise, and every child deserves a promising future.
The Idaho Youth Ranch has been helping good kids on a dangerous path find promising futures for more than 60 years, with youth programs and services through the state.
We offer emergency shelter, residential care, substance abuse treatment, job readiness training, alternative education, adoption services, family counseling, and more for at-risk kids and their struggling parents and families.
No matter what a child is up against, the Idaho Youth Ranch can help.
Every kid who comes to us faces their own unique challenges and issues. So we adapt our services to meet their needs, instead of the other way around. The Idaho Youth Ranch approach is to intervene early, when our help can do the most good; treat the whole child, not just one symptom; and finish the job by sticking with each kid as long as they need us.
Our work would not be possible without generous donations from people like you.
Thanks to our donors and our statewide network of 29 thrift stores, we can help kids and families effectively and immediately even if they can’t afford the entire cost of care.
Whenever you make a cash donation, shop at one of our stores, or donate items we can sell, you become part of our promise to Idaho’s kids. Thank you!
7025 W EmeraldBoise, ID 83704
March 21, 2023
- Family Therapy
- Animal Therapy
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Crisis Counseling
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 19
- Orientation or Training
- Depends on practicum requirements.
- Must be enrolled in Masters' program for Counseling