Volunteer K-12 Tutor/Mentor
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: The Knowledge Exchange, inc.
The Knowledge Exchange INC. is a 501c3 educational nonprofit looking for motivated and consistent tutors to join our volunteer instructor ranks. NO teaching experience is required, however qualified tutors will be given the opportunity to be entered as a EXPERIENCED TUTOR, with a pay of $15/hour for virtual and $25/hour for in-person. Our ideal candidate typically has:
- Has no criminal record (absolutely no felons, non-violent and non-drug related misdemeanor will be considered on a case-by-case basis)
- College student or exceeded college
- Motivated and consistent with communication and timing
- Knowledgeable in the subject the tutor wants to teach
- Fluent with English
- Basic computer skills (word, zoom, etc) and must have basic applications (email, slack, texting)
- A schedule that is open and flexible
- Background in teaching or the field of education
- Has a passion for teaching and recognizes the nonprofit's mission of promoting education equality
- Comfortable with a variety of ages and needs (ie. autism, processing delay, Learning disability, etc)
- Prefer a tutor that is flexible in learning multiple subjects
Current needed subjects:
- K-12 English, Math, Science
Have any questions about the role?
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
6204 Autumn Leaf DriveFredericksburg, VA 22407
April 13, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK