The development associat
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: save the marginalized
This is a fantastic position for a career-development person who is passionate about marketing and fundraising, and
interested in providing direction to a fledgling development team. The ideal candidate is a knowledgeable fundraiser,
strategic thinker and thought partner, and a creative problem solver.
The Development Associate will be a member of Save The Marginalized team and will be responsible for executing
comprehensive development and communications plans that increase charitable giving, foster lasting relationships
with donors, creatively raise the profile and visibility of the organization, and, ultimately, support the growth of our
The Development Associate will be a member of save the Marginalized Ugandateam and will be responsible for executing comprehensive development and communications plans that increase charitable giving, foster lasting relationships with donors, creatively raise the profile and visibility of the organization, and, ultimately, support the growth of our high-impact work.
• Development and Partnerships:
Development and Partnerships 60%
• With the senior leadership team, create and execute a robust fundraising plan that surpasses our 2022 - 23 fundraising goal of $1,00,000 USD.
• Identify major donor and institutional funding prospects and make recommendations regarding relationship-building with these prospects.
• Manage a grant opportunity tracker and ensure timely response for submission of proposals to foundations and corporations
• Create and execute a strategy for a large, sustained base of annual individual donors.
• Steward a portfolio of major donors and institutional funding partners through sustained outreach, personalized storytelling as well as a donor recognition strategy.
• Lead research and writing proposals for multiple institutional funding partners each Year. Work with the Executive Director and development team to complete high-level technical proposals.
• Manage information and record the profile and fundraising activity of donors on a database.
• Oversee aspects of fundraising administration including management of software and timely acknowledgement of gifts.
• Lead an annual giving campaign using creative fundraising methods and donor appeals.
• Provide technical support for the design of fundraising campaigns on our digital Platforms.
• Represent the or ganization in appropriate events, conferences, and in-person meetings.munication:30%
• With the communications team, execute a strategic communications plan that leads to Deeper and broader engagement with both current and potential supporters
• Support the team to prepare engaging reports for grant making partners and select
• Support production, publication, and dissemination of documentaries to donors
• Write and create content alongside the Communications team for the website,
newsletters, and social media channel
• Oversee the production of and create content for direct mail campaigns and the annual
• Track, evaluate, and report communications-related metrics for distinct campaigns,
digital content, and fundraising efforts, with the help of the Head of Partnerships and
• Develop a strong working relationship with staff in East Africa to monitor in-country
fundraising efforts and keep up to date with program progress and impact
• Work closely with Uganda team to organize and engage partners in special events an
• Perform other duties as requested.
Education and Knowledge
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in development, international relations, business management or development .Related field, with two to three years of progressive work experience.
• Knowledge of major funding mechanisms including donor-advised funds, corporate matching programs, and everything from small family foundation to large international funding initiatives
• Experience in communications and fundraising.
• Experience in working and managing a team remotely and working with volunteers.
• Experience in writing grants, academic papers, project proposals and in report writing for internal or external dissemination.
• Desirable: International non-profit work, particularly in the youth livelihoods and microfinance fields; experience in conducting quantitative and qualitative research, especially in a resource-poor environment
• Strong analytical and information management skills
• Excellent oral and written communication in English.
• Strong interpersonal, networking, and representation skills
• Strong team leadership, process and time management skills
• 1-2 years of experience in fundraising/volunteer activities at the grassroots level. .
• Raisers Edge Database or other fundraising software experience preferred.
• Must be proactive and be process and results orientation
• Possess high energy, enthusiasm and commitment for Africa and youth.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email the following to Paul bamu. Paul.firstname.lastname@example.org
• Current CV/Resume
• Letter of interest describing related skills, experience, and fit with the organization
• Three professional references with name, title, email, phone contact, and brief description of relationship with applicant
Applications will be received on a rolling basis until this position is filled.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
kamuliKamuli, E kabukyeUganda
April 12, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK