Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Youth Employment Service (YES)
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVE
The main purpose of Resume Consultations is to provide a space where clients can practice the skills learned from the Employment Skills Workshop. The main objective of a Resume Consultant volunteer is to act as a mentor to YES clients, assisting them in learning how to craft a resume and/or enhance their current resume draft.
Resume Consultants personally assist and mentor youth one-on-one to improve upon resume building and development. Consultants advise clients on what a well-crafted resume entails and seek to improve on what clients have already drafted.
Appointments dates and times vary. Scheduling is largely dependent on clients’ needs and availability.
Currently, most Resume Consultations are being held virtually via Zoom. We may require Resume Consultant volunteers to assist onsite going forward.
· Must enjoy working with youth and young adults.
· Must have knowledge about building an adequate resume.
· Must be willing to work one-on-one to deliver a personalized approach to resume mentoring.
· Must notify YES Staff at least 48 hours prior to appointment if you need to cancel.
· Dress in business casual attire for Resume Consulting appointments (no jeans or t-shirts).
· Must be 18 years of age or older.
· Orientation and review of the Resume Consultant Volunteer Packet.
This is a great opportunity if you require flexibility. There is no set time commitment required.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Santa Ana, CA 92704
April 12, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH