Cherry Hill Farmhouse Docent Volunteer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Cherry Hill Historic House and Farm
The Cherry Hill Historic House and Farm Museum is looking for volunteers to lead guided tours for the public at this historic house museum, located in Falls Church, Virginia.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Leading guided tours of the house museum.
- Developing knowledge of the museum and its collection in order to engage visitors in dialogue and answer questions.
- Ensuring the safety and security of the museum and its collections during tours and programs.
- Recording admissions.
- Attending training with museum staff.
- Assist in event and program preparation as necessary (setting out signs, materials, etc.)
Cherry Hill Coordinator
- Enjoy working with the public in a museum setting.
- Knowledge of American and/or Virginia history is preferred, but not required.
- This opportunity is for ages 16 & up.
Volunteers will be expected to commit regularly but there are no minimum hours required. Volunteers sign up for shifts on Saturday mornings, 10 a.m. to noon, from April through October.
Training and guidance will be provided by museum staff. A docent handbook that includes a history of the site and other operational materials is provided during training.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
312 Park AvenueFalls Church, VA 22046
April 12, 2022
- WEEKENDS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH