DONATE TO THIS
7 people are interested
Human Resource Coordinator
ORGANIZATION: LifeSmart Education
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
7 people are interested
Who We Are
LifeSmart Education is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization that enhances the availability of nontraditional educational classes and resources for underserved youth and communities. We help those who need unwavering, positive life management skills. Youth aren't born knowing the life skills that we wish they did; they must be taught and molded into productive members of society. At LifeSmart Education, we teach youth how to be socially and emotionally successful, and enable them to achieve their highest potential as law-abiding global citizens.
We are looking for an experienced Human Resource professional to join LifeSmart Education as our Human Resource Coordinator. In this role you are responsible for coordinating all HR policies and programs, including recruiting, and ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Primary functions also include developing, implementing, and evaluating ongoing HR policies, programs, and functions.
The HR Coordinator is head of a two-person team and works closely with our Volunteer Coordinator to ensure appropriate staffing.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is willing to work in a startup environment, help with process improvement, and is open to the challenges of a small nonprofit. At LifeSmart Education we know your time is valuable and we encourage volunteers to let us know what work interests them in order to help them grow as professionals.
This is a volunteer opportunity with a six month commitment of roughly 5-10 hours a week. Hours are flexible.
- Responsible for continuously improving HR strategy and policies to ensure the continued success of LifeSmart Education and to support the organization’s strategic goals
- Assists with volunteer onboarding and training
- Provides ongoing support for volunteers through regular check-ins
- Communicates regularly with the Volunteer Coordinator to ensure staffing needs are met
- Completes projects and performs other related duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Knowledge of Google Workspace a plus but not necessary
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred
- Two years of related experience preferred
- Previous recruitment experience preferred
About LifeSmart Education
P.O. Box 1325, Grove City, OH 43123, US
Helping underserved populations with a transformative education that empowers, motivates, and encourages them to become productive,law-abiding, global citizens.
Diversity has been an area of concern in international education for many years, Global Diversity Abroad, our sister company, mission is to present the opportunity for historically over-looked high school students with the possibility to learn on an international platform. This program is specially designed to meet the needs of minority and at-risk youth, guiding them through a course of study that will expose them to drastic life changing experiences abroad.
Our goal is to formulate a preventative social mindset where students are exposed to new ideas, build positive relationships, develop confidence and experience new challenges. This is our model to empower young people to be globally-minded individuals by transforming their lives.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
May 12, 2022
- Human Resources Strategy
- Organization Design
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Performance Management
- Human Resources Legal Compliance
- About five hours a week