Board Position: Chair
ORGANIZATION: THE ALEXANDER FOUNDATION
Please visit the new page to apply.
The Chair will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for The Alexander Foundation’s Board of Directors, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. They will have a deep knowledge of the LGBTQ+ community and LGBTQ+ focused organizations, our core programs, our organizational operations, and business plans. The Chair will work in close collaboration with the Board Members involved in fundraising to ensure a healthy future of the foundation.
In addition to internal leadership, the Chair will be the face of The Alexander Foundation. They will work to expand awareness about The Alexander Foundation within the community and develop working relationships with organizations with aligned missions.
The Chair will serve as a champion and external face of TAF, have existing relationships in the LGBTQ+, intersectional, and non-profit community, and will be self-motivated and passionate about the mission of TAF. While collaborating closely with the Vice-Chair and other board members, the Chair will generally be more externally focused, and the Vice-Chair will be more internally focused on TAF projects
Ideally, the Chair will have leadership experience and be comfortable with public speaking, making fundraising pitches, and be media-savvy.
Leadership and Management
- Lead the Executive Committee. Provide direct supervision to the three following roles: Deputy Director / Vice Chair, Finance Director / Treasurer, and Secretary / Administrative Director.
- Provide support to board as needed. This includes supporting recruitment of prospective board members, supporting the transition of outgoing Directors, and onboarding of new Directors.
- Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence by facilitating monthly meetings of the Board of Directors, identifying support needs, steering organizational strategy, and leading quality improvement initiatives.
- Partner with Financial Director / Treasurer to oversee the financial status of The Alexander Foundation including developing financial plans, monitoring budget, and ensuring financial controls are in place.
- Partner with Deputy Director / Vice Chair to develop strategic direction and strengthen organizational operations.
Public Relations and Partnerships
- Inform Colorado community, community partners, and donors of organizational achievements and updates through development of annual report and electronic communications
- Build partnerships within the LGBTQ+ community, establish relationships with funders, and work to expand community engagement within and beyond Denver Metro area.
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new fundraising/sponsorship opportunities.
Fundraising and Awareness Building
- Serve as an ambassador for the organization: articulate The Alexander Foundation’s mission, accomplishments, and goals, and solicit feedback and concerns related to The Alexander Foundation’s mission.
- Fundraise on behalf of The Alexander Foundation: soliciting donations, identifying potential sponsors, and networking with donors.
About THE ALEXANDER FOUNDATION
PO BOX 1995, DENVER, CO 80201, US
The Alexander Foundation is a non-profit, 501(c)3, all-volunteer organization whose sole focus is to give back to the LGBTQ+ community of Colorado.
Founded in 1981, The Alexander Foundation is a public, non-profit 501(c)3, philanthropic organization. Through our Community, Catastrophic, and Holiday assistance programs, as well as educational scholarships, the foundation has created a tradition of caring for the LGBT community. For over 40 years, the foundation has provided millions dollars to those in need. Most importantly, such assistance has built a stronger LGBT community, and transformed thousands of lives throughout Colorado.
PO Box 1995Denver, CO 80201
April 8, 2022
- Strategic Planning
- Community Outreach
- Term Commitment: 2 Years. Estimated Monthly Commitment: 15-20 Hours
- The Alexander Foundation requires the Chair be located in the Denver Metro Area.