3 people are interested
Board Position: Scholarship Director
ORGANIZATION: THE ALEXANDER FOUNDATION
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
The Alexander Foundation is completely volunteer run. The Board of Directors is a working board, meaning that all organization operations are conducted by the Board and program area committees.
Reporting to the Chair or Vice Chair, the Scholarship Director will oversee The Alexander Foundation Scholarship Program. This entails recruiting and supervising a committee of reviewers, marketing scholarship opportunities to the community, and partnering with the Development Director to support organizational fundraising efforts.
- Develop and execute The Alexander Foundation’s annual scholarship program.
- Develop communications plan to market scholarship opportunities across the state.
- Maintain database of applicant records and provide data reports for annual report and marketing efforts.
Leadership and Management
- Recruit and supervise scholarship committee to support the development and improvement of scholarship program, review scholarship applications, and select scholarship awardees.
Fundraising and Awareness Building
- Serve as an ambassador for the organization: articulate The Alexander Foundation’s mission, accomplishments, and goals, and solicit feedback and concerns related to The Alexander Foundation’s mission.
- Fundraise on behalf of The Alexander Foundation: soliciting donations, identifying potential sponsors, and networking with donors.
About THE ALEXANDER FOUNDATION
PO BOX 1995, DENVER, CO 80201, US
The Alexander Foundation is a non-profit, 501(c)3, all-volunteer organization whose sole focus is to give back to the LGBTQ+ community of Colorado.
Founded in 1981, The Alexander Foundation is a public, non-profit 501(c)3, philanthropic organization. Through our Community, Catastrophic, and Holiday assistance programs, as well as educational scholarships, the foundation has created a tradition of caring for the LGBT community. For over 40 years, the foundation has provided millions dollars to those in need. Most importantly, such assistance has built a stronger LGBT community, and transformed thousands of lives throughout Colorado.
PO Box 1995Denver, CO 80201
April 8, 2022
- General Education
- Program Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Social Work
- Term Commitment: 2 Years. Estimated Monthly Commitment: 5 Hours
- The Alexander Foundation requires Board members be located in Colorado. However, we are building a geographically-diverse Board of Directors. We heavily encourage Coloradans located outside the Denver Metro Area to apply for this opportunity.