2 people are interested
Board Position: Volunteer & Outreach Director
ORGANIZATION: THE ALEXANDER FOUNDATION
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
The Alexander Foundation is completely volunteer run. The Board of Directors is a working board, meaning that all organization operations are conducted by the Board and program area committees.
Reporting to the Chair or Vice Chair, the Volunteer & Outreach Director will oversee The Alexander Foundation’s community involvement and outreach opportunities and oversee volunteer engagement and support. Outreach and partnership in the community allows TAF to increase awareness of TAF mission and programs, build stronger relationships with other LGBTQ+ organizations, and involve community members in supporting the Mission of The Alexander Foundation.
- Identify opportunities for The Alexander Foundation to participate in community events to increase awareness of The Alexander Foundation (Denver Pride, Festival For Life, etc.).
- Build and maintain relationships with organizations and events for continued involvement in community events to build community awareness of The Alexander Foundation.
- Coordinate Board, committee member, and volunteer involvement at outreach opportunities.
- Support the recruitment of volunteers for Board of Director positions, committee-level involvement, and event volunteers.
- Support the development of a Board of Director and Volunteer on-boarding process to ensure all TAF volunteers have a foundational knowledge of The Alexander Foundation and programs.
- Maintain a database of volunteer information.
Fundraising and Awareness Building
- Serve as an ambassador for the organization: articulate The Alexander Foundation’s mission, accomplishments, and goals, and solicit feedback and concerns related to The Alexander Foundation’s mission.
- Fundraise on behalf of The Alexander Foundation: soliciting donations, identifying potential sponsors, and networking with donors.
About THE ALEXANDER FOUNDATION
PO BOX 1995, DENVER, CO 80201, US
The Alexander Foundation is a non-profit, 501(c)3, all-volunteer organization whose sole focus is to give back to the LGBTQ+ community of Colorado.
Founded in 1981, The Alexander Foundation is a public, non-profit 501(c)3, philanthropic organization. Through our Community, Catastrophic, and Holiday assistance programs, as well as educational scholarships, the foundation has created a tradition of caring for the LGBT community. For over 40 years, the foundation has provided millions dollars to those in need. Most importantly, such assistance has built a stronger LGBT community, and transformed thousands of lives throughout Colorado.
PO Box 1995Denver, CO 80201
April 8, 2022
- Human Resources Training & Development
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Orientation or Training
- Term Commitment: 2 Years. Estimated Monthly Commitment: 5-8 Hours
- The Alexander Foundation requires Board members be located in Colorado. However, we are building a geographically-diverse Board of Directors. We heavily encourage Coloradans located outside the Denver Metro Area to apply for this opportunity.