1 person is interested
Volunteer with CMMB in Peru
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Volunteer Opportunities in Peru!
Contact & Application :
Apply Online at: https://cmmb.org/get-involved/volunteer/
Are you seeking a volunteer opportunity where you can make a huge difference to women, children and communities in Peru? CMMB is seeking Spanish speaking professionals who are looking for the following positions to serve in community based healthcare programs to improve the health and well-being of the most vulnerable:
- Nurse (RN or BSN):
- Community based role performing duties assigned such as: serving in outpatient clinics, distributing health and education materials, and monitoring patients. Provide mentorship and guidance to community staff to build health system capacity.
- Support ongoing programs related to nutrition, child development and health education, as well as provide technical support and situational analysis in the field.
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapists:
- Provide rehabilitation and goal-oriented therapy, as well as educate patients and families to facilitate at home care. Provide guidance to staff on therapeutic options.
- Public Health Professional, WASH Expert:
- Implement WASH projects with community healthworks with the aim of reducing health risks for affected populations in the areas of water, sanitation, and hygiene.
CMMB - Healthier Lives Worldwide is an international, faith-based NGO providing long-term, co-operative, medical and development aid to communities affected by poverty and unequal access to healthcare. For over a century, we have worked to strengthen and support communities through healthcare programs and initiatives, the distribution of medicines and medical supplies, and the placement of volunteers.
CMMB’s Volunteer Program addresses the critical need for professionals in areas that lack sufficient resources for quality preventive and curative health services, especially for women and children. Our Volunteer Program has placed thousands of practitioners around the world to help develop and implement community health interventions, work at local hospitals and health facilities, conduct clinical training for host country counterparts, and deliver essential medicines and supplies. The ultimate goal of CMMB's Volunteer Program is to support our country teams and local healthcare workers by sending volunteers that are dedicated to strengthening local health systems and supporting a pattern of sustainable development.
CMMB in Peru:
Peru’s recent economic growth hides unjust social inequalities. Development has by‐passed the remote rural regions and chronic malnutrition among children is common. These factors are driven by food insecurities, poverty and inaccessibility to health services. CMMB Peru’s project activities are committed to further reducing malnutrition, anemia, and other determinants of maternal and child morbidity.
CMMB Peru health projects focus on improving the health and nutrition of women, children, and their communities in underserved and marginalized areas including: Distrito Macate, Provincia del Santa, Region Ancash; Distrito de Chilca, Provincia de Huancayo, Region Junín; and Distrito La Esperanza, Provincia de Trujillo, Region La Libertad.
Learn More: https://cmmb.org/country-office/peru/
Placement Site : Trujillo, Peru
Trujillo is located in the north of Peru, the second largest city in the country and known as the cultural capital. The district of La Esperanza is located just outside of Trujillo and to the north on a large sand dune and hosts 151,846 inhabitants.
CMMB Trujillo works with 700 families (1000 días) on issues of maternal and child health, including prevention of/recovery from malnutrition and anemia, and 25 children on community-based rehabilitation. There are 13 staff members in the Trujillo office working with 32 community health workers. The offices have Wi-Fi, work desks, printing facilities, and restrooms.
Learn more: https://cmmb.org/champs-community/trujillo-peru/
Placement Site : Huancayo, Peru
Huancayo is the largest city in the central highlands of Peru, located 3,271 meters above sea level. The whole district of Chilca, where the 1,000 families are located, has 81,835 inhabitants. CMMB works with 1,000 families via CHAMPS and nearly 40 children on community based-rehabilitation. The offices have Wi-Fi, work desks, printing facilities and restrooms. There are 12 staff members in the Huancayo office.
Learn More: https://cmmb.org/bristol-myers-squibb-foundation-helps-fight-cervical-cancer-diabetes-peru/ , https://cmmb.org/champs-community/huancayo-peru/
Requirements & Qualifications :
- Spanish speaking and interested in community based work
- Medical professionals must have licensures in good standing, minimum Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to perform in resource-limited working conditions, adaptable
- Ability to work collaboratively and professionally while navigating cultural and language barriers
- Ability to be flexible and prioritize projects and tasks effectively; self-starter; takes initiative
- Problem solver, able to identify needs, and develop solutions
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills, strong communication skills
- Familiarity and interest in global health issues, especially maternal and child health
Benefits & Conditions: Each international volunteer who serves 6 months or longer in the field receives a round-trip ticket to their placement site, housing, a monthly stipend, insurance coverage, storytelling and fundraising training, and the opportunity to contribute to vital community development initiatives for under-served populations while building a longstanding legacy for the community. Volunteers are required to share stories from the field and cover part of the cost of their placement through fundraising ($5,000).
Contact & Application :
Apply online at: https://cmmb.org/get-involved/volunteer/
22 More opportunities with CMMB2 Reviews
100 Wall St, Floor 9, New York, NY 10005, US
Inspired by the example of Jesus, CMMB works in partnership globally to deliver locally sustainable, quality health solutions to women, children, and their communities.
CMMB is a leading faith-based NGO focused exclusively on global health care for the world’s poor, by building healthy, sustainable communities through community engagement and partnerships. Now entering its second century, CMMB is committed to integrating and focusing its programming around saving the lives of children and mothers by concentrating on leading causes of mortality in targeted communities.
Building around a new CHAMPS (CHildren And Mother PartnershipS) model, CMMB works at both the community and clinical levels in these targeted communities to strengthen health services and address the leading causes of maternal and child death. CMMB has committed to develop 20 CHAMPS sites by 2020, incorporating at least 3 in Haiti, Kenya, Peru, South Sudan, and Zambia.
Multiple positions in multiple locationsTrujillo, Peru
May 24, 2023
- Patient Care
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 6 to 12 months