1 person is interested
CASA Development Intern
ORGANIZATION: CASA of Adams and Broomfield Counties
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
CASA of Adams & Broomfield Counties continues to build and foster a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We value everyone’s unique voice and lived experience and encourage our team to bring their authentic selves to work. As an organization that serves children and families of many different backgrounds and walks of life, we are committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse team of Board Members, Staff and Volunteers who are representative of the population we serve.
In working towards helping CASA meet its overall objective of providing a caring CASA Volunteer for children with open abuse and neglect cases, the Development Intern performs a range of administrative and development related tasks to aid with development activities and donor and sponsor relations.
This internship position will provide someone with substantial experience in nonprofit development and management, event management, solicitation strategizing, in addition to gaining valuable office experience working in a non-profit.
Description of Duties:
* Assist with planning and execution of fundraising special events and fundraising efforts (CASA Classic Golf Tournament, Indulge for CASA Gala Event)
* Oversee outreach for silent auction at Indulge, one of the main revenue streams at the event, and maintain tracking spreadsheet for donations
* Coordinate volunteer staffing for all events with the Community Engagement Manager
* Attend events and assist the Development Team as needed
* Maintain event supplies
* Other duties as assigned
Outreach and Recruitment
* Assist with data entry in the Bloomerang database
* Help with the planning and execution of presentations and other recruitment-related events as needed
* In conjunction with the Community Engagement Manager, oversee the set-up and tear-down of the CASA booth at community fairs, festivals and tabling events (COVID-19 permitting). Help supervise volunteers at these events
* Outreach to potential Advocates as needed
* Assist with various filing and organizing needs
General Office Duties
* Answer phone and manage messages as needed
* Assist Chief Executive Officer and Development Director with various filing and organizing needs.
Minimum Qualifications for Position:
* High school diploma with some college experience.
* Detail-oriented and highly organized.
* Ability to operate standard office equipment (fax, photocopier, etc.)
* Strong computer and internet skills. Experience with Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher required.
* Great team player. Ability to work well with others as well as alone in minimally supervised situations.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* High energy. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks at once.
* Ability to drive in and around Adams and Broomfield Counties.
* Flexible schedule and ability to work evening and weekends as required.
* Strong organizational abilities.
Compensation: This is an unpaid internship. We encourage you to use this internship to gain course credit and to seek out "work-study" grants with your college if that is an option.
Applying: To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Ryann Roussel, Events Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
For more information about CASA of Adams & Broomfield Counties visit CASA17th.org.
About CASA of Adams and Broomfield Counties
Adams County Human Services Center, 11860 Pecos Street, Suite 2700, Westminster, CO 80234, US
Our mission is to provide court-appointed volunteer advocacy for children and youth from the child welfare system so every child can be safe, have a permanent home, and the opportunity to thrive.
CASA, Court-Appointed Special Advocates, is a national 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization. CASA of Adams and Broomfield Counties recruits and trains community volunteers to become CASA Advocates for abused and neglected children with open dependency and neglect cases in the 17th judicial district. CASA Advocates are supervised by CASA team members and work alongside the child's legal and professional team. CASA Advocates ensure that the child's physical, mental, and emotional needs are being met, and advocate for the child in court, all so that they may have a safe and permanent home.Just in Adams and Broomfield Counties, there are over 1,100 children that need a loving and caring CASA.
CASA Advocates complete an application, interview, background check, and 30 hours of pre-service training. After being sworn-in by a judge, CASA Advocates are appointed to a child or family of children and spend an average of 10-15 hours a month advocating for these children. They spend time with the child(ren) while simultaneously gathering information about their physical, emotional, social, and educational well-being, and make recommendations to the court on how to best support the child in these areas.
Adams County Human Services Center11860 Pecos StreetSuite 2700Westminster, CO 80234
April 8, 2022
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- 15 – 25 hours per week (flexible) from early-May to late-September out of the CASA of Adams & Broomfield Counties Office located at 11860 Pecos Street Westminster, CO 80234 (option to work some hours remotely)