1 person is interested
SEO Optimization Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: HealthStart Foundation
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
HealthStart's mission is to provide the blueprints for building healthier communities through children's health science education. We teach kids how their body works, what it's made of, and how this relates to what to eat and how to keep their bodies healthy. HealthStart lessons also teach kids that taking care of one another, and our environment builds community health and wellbeing.
HealthStart seeks a volunteer interested in building a healthier future for our children by helping us optimize our website, online blog, and other online elements to amplify our message and magnify our impact. This important role helps spread our message, expand our virtual reach, and grow our community to improve the health outcomes of children and their families.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Employ best SEO practices and apply them to HealthStart online content material,
including website, blogs, and newsletters.
* Review and revise current headlines, H1, H2, meta tags, & keywords.
* Create SEO guidelines and review current performance.
* Suggest new strategies and apply new techniques to improve search engine ranking.
* Research audience potential and targeting for SEO and Google keywords.
* Recommend relevant topics and stories/blogs based on search-audience potential.
* Report results, findings and trending topics to HealthStart team.
* Monitor tools & help resolve errors & problems identified by google & other search engines.
* Maintain and promote organization's image and reputation.
Skills and Personality Traits
* Strong knowledge of SEO search engine rankings & audience development.
* Adept at data analytics and organic SEO/Analytics platforms.
* Creative, good editorial judgment, and an analytical mindset.
* Able to present clear, constructive feedback and recommendations.
* Passion and commitment for helping organizations achieve greater social impact.
* Excellent mathematical skills, exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Excellent oral communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
* Works well independently and as part of a team.
* Interest in advocating for child health and health education
* Interest in the nonprofit sector.
* Ability to maintain the "voice" and reputation of an organization.
* Ability to adhere to deadlines and results focused.
* Working knowledge of SEO.
* Certification in SEO a plus.
* Familiarity with the Weebly editor a plus.
This position requires a minimum 3-month commitment for an average of 3-5 hours per week, which will be completed virtually in the SEO Volunteer's own office or home. Position commitment is subject to renew and extension by agreement from both parties.
This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and portfolio (if applicable) by email to Jeremy Follin at email@example.com.
Applicants may perform their internship tasks remotely.
About HealthStart Foundation
3710 Cedar #227, Austin, TX 78705, US
VISION: HealthStart builds a healthier future for all through early childhood health education. MISSION: HealthStart provides the blueprints for building healthier communities through children’s science-based health education Case For Support Our wellbeing is built on physical health, emotional happiness, safety, and meaningful work or activity. People feel safe when they do not expect either harm or hurt, emotionally or physically. Both physical and emotional health are key aspects of good health and wellbeing. Teaching our children good food and fitness habits and the importance of taking care of each other and their environment sets the foundation for healthy communities. It is HealthStart’s equal focus on all three of these key aspects of good health and wellbeing that truly make our organization unique.
HealthStart empowers kids to create a healthier future for our communities through early health education. Most people know that adult health is strongly correlated to early childhood health, but with roughly one-third of Texas children are overweight or obese. This does not bode well for the health of our communities. HealthStart exists to address this urgent need for programs to help our communities achieve a healthier future. The positive effects of adopting healthy habits young persist for a lifetime. HealthStart considers high-quality early health education as important to children’s future success as learning the ABC’s and 123’s. Our science-based, Health Education for Youngsters! (HEY!) curriculum stimulates kids’ natural curiosity about how their bodies work and about the nutrition and fitness habits needed to be healthy their whole lives. As a result, children become "health change agents," bringing what they learn home and more broadly into their communities.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
April 8, 2022
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)