- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
Volunteering in plastic arts, acting, dance, language and music with native children in the Andes of
Please visit the new page to apply.
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
Recruiting Organization: Minka Project
Our organization invites you to participate and develop your skills in a project aimed at providing support and assistance to the population, children and women who come from migrant families in areas of the Peruvian Andes and who have been affected by political, social and economic violence . culturally marginalized areas and extreme poverty (Ayacucho, Huancavelica, central jungle, etc.) declared in extreme poverty in Peru.
The project is being developed in the Mantaro Valley, in the Peruvian Andes. The focus is on dysfunctional Quechua migrants who suffer from social, economic and health problems.
It is very important to keep in mind that the wonderful Andean language and culture is gradually disappearing as a result of the marginalization of society in general and the Peruvian state to our Andean mother culture that still bravely survives in the Andean populations inherited from the empire founded by Machupichu e Inca empire .
*** For us it is very important to revalue the beautiful traditions, the Quechua language, the stories, the legends and the social life forms that are based on the love of mother earth, the "pacha mama", the ecology and the worldview Andean based on reciprocity and mutual help. among the people who formed the ancient Andean-Inca society
*** Social work and organization are led by volunteers with extensive experience of help and training in Andean social, economic and cultural issues here in Peru, we rely on direct social volunteering in the same field, in these areas and communities, promoting A true way of knowing the way of life and culture of these people, using a holistic approach and social work house by house and in the facilities that we rent in the same field of work, this requires us an additional effort and expenses We prefer this way of working instead of going to state schools or institutions, since they have their own specialists and teachers paid by the state, we prefer a direct and intercultural work experience in places where help is most needed
We are a civil organization that promotes an alternative form of non-commercial volunteering, operating with a flat structure and working directly with communities to promote their self-development. Our projects are carried out in the same communities and towns, with our own hands and resources, without intermediaries. In addition, we offer a real and fun cultural exchange method.
- Accommodation in a comfortable and comfortable room.
- Training and ongoing advice by a consultant specializing in social, cultural and ethnic issues.
- Work as a team with a very human relationship.
- Certificate issued by a legally accredited nonprofit organization
- Improve your level of Spanish in a practical way.
- Exchange courses in: Peruvian meals, desserts or drinks with exotic native ingredients.
- On weekends, excursions to many places such as Andean mountains and lakes, artisanal villages, pre-Inca ruins, waterfalls and jungle and other areas are not commercial.
(optional) to experience Andean energies, yoga and Andean reiki, the native worldview of the Andes.
detailed information of the Inca culture, travel and geography of Peru
* Requirements for volunteers:
- It is not necessary to have previous experience or training
- One-time cost- 190 Euros for each month of participation, exemption from this contribution from the second month
- You must be over 19 years old.
- It has a tolerant, adaptable and open mind
- ability to integrate and work in a multicultural team
- It is important to have patience and treatment to work with very young girls (5-9 years) as well as with general issues and common sense related to women
- It would be ideal to possess skills or interests related to yoga, fitness, holistic energy health, and related spiritual philosophies.
- maintain the union of the working group
Our organization is directed by people with training and experience in humanitarian and social areas, our work has more than 9 years of intense social work, this gives us the necessary experience and offers genuine work, where you can develop your skills, professional experience and achieve a rewarding form of personal growth, their skills are integrated as part of a team, we are not improvised in this matter, ours is a direct social work in areas where there is a great need for help for people in extreme poverty in the peruvian central andes
Language/Cultral Support Available
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
El Tambo - Hyo., PE000001Peru
April 8, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME