- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
Volunteering with women's groups: Empowerment, social and cultural exclusion / inclusion, gender, or
Please visit the new page to apply.
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
Recruiting Organization: Minka Project
The Minka Project is developing and increasing its volunteer projects, working with women's groups here in the Andes. During the last five years, we have worked with national and international volunteers, developing activities and projects aimed at the organization and empowerment of groups of Andean migrant women. We focus on aspects such as gender equality, gender issues and socio-cultural exclusion, domestic violence, violence against women, sexuality, health, nutrition, etc. We develop projects on site, side by side with the communities We operate on the basis of a flat structure and teamwork (professionals, volunteers and communities).
At this time, we are preparing a lot and organizing new actions and activities to be able to give due support to our population, due to the strong impact that Covid-19 has had in the Andes of Peru, especially vulnerable groups and people, in areas and populations in extreme poverty.
If you are looking to contribute to a social volunteering project, without intermediaries, developed by the volunteers themselves, where they work in teams, offering free socio-cultural immersion (excursions, language options or cooking courses, access to knowledge about culture and folklore) , in a rewarding and fun format, write us.
** The organization offers :
- Accommodation in a spacious, comfortable and reasonably equipped room, wifi.
- Basic work materials
- Continuous advice from a team with motivation and experience in the social field.
- courses and exchange in: preparation of meals, pastries and exotic cocktails based on native and healthy ingredients.
- Group or individual excursions at no cost to guide to interesting places every weekend.
- information of interesting places and trips in Peru
- Learn and improve your level of Spanish in a practical and direct way
- Learn native dances, Latin dances.
- Possibility of being an integral part of our organization (even legally speaking)
- information on Andean-Inca history, culture and folklore, theoretical and completely experiential.
- (optional) know and experience yoga, reiki and the Andean worldview.positive practices and rituals of holistic health in the Andes and Amazo, in a practical, direct and completely experiential way.
** During the weekends, we organize group excursions to many places of interest, such as mountains, pre-Inca ruins, villages, camps, rain forests and waterfalls etc.
- 20+ years old
- It is not necessary to have specialization or previous experience,
- One-time cost: 90 Euros for each month of participation, exemption from this contribution from the second month
- open-minded, positive and adaptable people
- people interested in developing activities, jobs or studies in the gender area, especially with women and young girls.
- It would be ideal to possess skills or interests related to yoga, fitness, holistic energy health and related spiritual philosophies.
- person with the ability to integrate into a multicultural team and keep the group together (this is very important)
- Must be a proactive, understanding and considerate person
- People who simply want to help this social cause are also invited to participate.
Our organization is directed by people with enough motivation, training and experience in humanitarian and social areas, our work has more than 9 years of intense social work, this gives us the necessary experience and offers genuine work, where you can develop your skills, experience professional and achieve a rewarding way of personal growth, their skills are integrated as part of a team, we are not improvised in this matter, we do not offer artificial scenarios, ours is a direct social work in areas where there is a great need for help for people in extreme poverty (focused mainly on the Andes of Peru) and where the true culture of Peru still survives, the Andean Culture, cradle of the Inca civilization.
We also combine this with an intense and fun experience of cultural exchange, excursions to many interesting places in the Andean mountain / jungle and practical courses: from native languages or culture to food, dances and native herbal drinks.
Language/Cultral Support Available
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
El tambo , Huancayo, PE000001Peru
April 8, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME