Michigan LGBTQI+ Volunteer Services Lead
ORGANIZATION: The National LGBTQ Society
Please visit the new page to apply.
If you're looking for an amazing volunteer opportunity, then you should try volunteering at a non-profit. At The National LGBTQ Society (NATLGBTQ), we grant you the ability to further your interests and skillsets, and lead and excel in your chosen position. This is a volunteer opportunity, however, it will give you valuable work and volunteer experience while helping to further our efforts of helping the LGBTQ community.
Organization Description: The mission of the National LGBTQ Society is to create a safe space and safe environment for members of the LGBTQIA+ community and our Allies through our purpose of providing meaningful support, resourceful resources, and education.
This is an unpaid volunteer position, that will report to the State Chapter Coordinator of Michigan and our Director of Volunteer Services.
- Oversees a growing team of Volunteers
Responsibilities and What You Will Do:
- Serve as the primary source of volunteer recruitment and management.
- Assist the State Chapter Coordinator with volunteer retention and day-to-day tasks of the volunteer team.
- Collaborate all across NATLGBTQ to develop and review policies that help further inclusion in the team.
- Brainstorm and consistently document new, creative ways to approach including recruiting campaigns, and create plans that are executable.
- Attend all chapter meetings and brainstorming sessions, plus potentially meeting with the Director of Volunteer Services on a monthly basis.
- Interview all potential candidates and onboard any that are accepted.
Here's what we're looking for:
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of all identities, and issues related to the 2SLGBTQIA+ community.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and organized
- A strong work ethic, ability to take the initiative, and self-starter.
- Confidence in performance and working alone, and collaborative in nature.
- Eagerness to work and thrive in a high-energy, startup environment, and adjust priorities as needed.
- Must be available to volunteer up to 5 hours a week.
About The National LGBTQ Society
877 Saint Paul Ave, Apt 6, Saint Paul, MN 55116, US
Our mission is to create a safe space and safe environment for members of the LGBTQ Community and its Allies by providing valuable resources, support, educational courses.
We are also on a mission to combat homelessness and hunger within the LGBTQ community, we are looking at establishing community centers across the country and our goal is to create a safe space and a homeless shelter and food pantry in every state.
Multiple locations Grand Rapids, MI 49504
April 7, 2022
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Customer Service
- Office Management
- Administrative Support
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training