1 person is interested
Animal Caretaker - Evening Shift
ORGANIZATION: TILTED TAVERN ANIMAL SANCTUARY
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Tilted Tavern Animal Sanctuary is a farm animal rescue located in beautiful Jonesborough, TN. For most of its nearly 200-year history, our land had been farmed traditionally for both crops and livestock. Now, our land is being transformed to serve a new purpose as a safe-haven where rescued animals will live out their days peacefully. A place where bad luck, cruelty, or neglect can be repaid with the kindness of a full, healthy, and secure life.
Our goal is to educate and promote the importance of respecting every individual life through humane animal practices. Since starting in the fall of 2018, we accumulated over 80 rescues, involving cases of abuse, neglect, and abandonment, within less than two years. All of our rescues will live out their lives at Tilted Tavern as we provide them a safe haven and lots of love and care. This is where are volunteers come into play. Our volunteers spend time prepping and feeding the daily ration, clean and help us maintain the enclosures, and socialize and provide enrichment for our rescues.
What have we rescued? We currently have cows, ducks, geese, chickens, horses, pigs, goats, sheep, and one turkey along with one swan. Many of our animals are very social and crave attention and enrichment. You can help us provide the forever home that they deserve!
- We have multiple shifts throughout the week. Shifts are between 4 and 8 pm depending on the time of year (see availability below)
- This shift typically lasts between two and three hours
- Prepping and feeding the evening ration for the majority of our rescues
- Refreshing or replacing their water containers
- Cleaning dishes and enclosures
- Socializing or enrichment
- Assisting staff with projects if/ as needed
- Be able to commit to one shift weekly excluding holidays, emergencies, etc.
- You must be 18 years or older to volunteer
- In special circumstances, we do allow someone between 13 and 17 years old to volunteer as long as they are accompanied by their guardian that is 18 or older
- Sign a liability waiver
- Be able to lift up to 30 to 50 pounds (exceptions for medical and health issues)
- Be able to withstand working outdoors for a few hours throughout the year in the rain, heat, and cold
- Join our Slack TTAS Volunteer group to communicate with staff and volunteers
- Thoroughly read our volunteer manual and agree to our policies
- In-person interview
- Participate in training before volunteering unsupervised
- One month probationary period
- Continue to participate in training and attend workshops as needed
- Not allowed to feed any additional food items to the rescues as this can lead to health issues such as obesity
- Are allowed to take pictures and videos after their shift is completed following our media policy and guidelines
- Are mindful of our rescues' demeanors, sizes, strengths, and current moods
- Must have permission to be on the property at any time other than their weekly shift(s)
We currently do not have any public restrooms or have handicap accessibility. If you are interested in volunteering, please complete the form below. And if you have any questions, please reach out to us via e-mail or on social media. Thank you for wanting to volunteer!
Find us on Facebook and Instagram @tiltedtavernanimals
Signup form - http://eepurl.com/g3Vlp5
About TILTED TAVERN ANIMAL SANCTUARY
PO Box 935, JONESBOROUGH, TN 37659, US
To rescue and provide comprehensive care, security, and love for farm animals that have been abused, neglected, or forgotten, with the hope that their stories will inspire and motivate toward a greater understanding and respect for every individual life.
Tilted Tavern Animal Sanctuary was created in 2018 as a much needed safe haven for abused and neglected farm animals in northeast Tennessee. Within two years, TTAS has become a forever home for over 80 animals. We have Dumbleboar and Skittles (a pig and goat respectively) that were used as bait in a dog fighting ring, Twizzlers the goat who was tied to the same spot for close to two years without a single hoof trim leading to her walking on her knees, hens that were abused (broken toes and starved), and so many more with stories to tell.
We need volunteers to prep and feed part of the daily ration, clean enclosures, assist with various building or clerical projects, and that simply spend time with our rescues. We have morning and afternoon shifts currently available. Feeding and cleaning shifts usually last an hour while projects and social time can last one to a few hours. Volunteers commit to one shift a week for feeding, cleaning, and socializing. Projects are once a month or scheduled as needed throughout the year. Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
We are not currently open to the public. Please e-mail or sign up for one of our recruitment workshops to find out more information about our volunteer program.
will be providedJonesborough, TN 37659
April 6, 2022
- Animal Care / Handling
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 18