Senior Financial Analyst
Please visit the new page to apply.
Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw
Provides financial analysis and recommendations to JAARS management. Works with leaders across the organization to develop reporting, dashboards and Key Performance Indicators to improve decision making. Assists with implementing new financial software to transform operations at JAARS. Reports directly to the CFO and interacts with the Senior Leadership Team.
- Perform analysis with information from financial systems using trends, statistics, incremental margin analysis, variance to budget, financial ratios and other tools to make recommendations to management
- Collaborate with management to gather information, develop assumptions and understand high level trends
- Work with leaders across the organization to improve decision making by developing reports, dashboards, Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and training the organization in the use of these tools
- Develop budgets and help managers develop forecasts and budgetary controls for their area of responsibility
- Assist with implementing new financial software to transform operations at JAARS as a critical member of the implementation team
- Design and implement effective internal controls in a variety of environments
- Assist the CFO in ad hoc analysis and projects
- Provide backup for Accounting staff and may supervise staff to accomplish assigned objectives
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission and core values of JAARS
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to interact with management at all levels of the organization
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, or sufficient experience to demonstrate competencies; a CPA or MBA considered a plus
- Four or more years Accounting, Finance or related experience; not-for-profit experience is preferred
- Experience with using financial systems; experience with NetSuite
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who is committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their native language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.
JAARS7405 Jaars RdWaxhaw, NC 28173
April 6, 2022
- Financial Auditing
- Financial Planning
- Cost Analysis
- ETC / Tax Assistance
- People 55+
- Background Check