BOOST - Volunteer Family Mentor
ORGANIZATION: connection support
Please visit the new page to apply.
Connection Support's service, 'Boost' provides support, motivation, encouragement and advice to parents as they take steps towards creating a more stable and positive environment in which their children can thrive. Our Boost Family Mentors help families to achieve the parenting goals they have identified through an initial assessment with a Family and Volunteer Supervisor. Our Volunteers are trained and supported throughout.
Could you be a Boost Family Mentor?
- Do you have 3 hours a week to give to a family for a 4-6-month period?
- Do you have experience with children? This could be through work or volunteering, having younger siblings or raising your own children.
- Are you an empathetic, non-judgmental and friendly person, who can offer guidance in a non-patronizing and respectful way?
- Are you resilient to setbacks, and open to trying new ideas? Can you share that mindset with parents who need help to build their self-esteem?
If you can answer 'yes’ to these questions, then we would love to hear from you!
Typical areas in which parents need support to achieve their goals are:
- Developing family routines, e.g., bedtime, morning, mealtimes.
- Setting boundaries around behavior and effectively maintaining those boundaries.
- Developing a support network, contacting local baby/toddler groups or joining parenting classes.
- Developing the parents own self esteem.
Please visit our website for more information https://www.connectionsupport.org.uk/vacancies/family-mentor/
About connection support
Suite 16 challenge house, sherwood drive, milton keynes, buckinghamshire MK3 6DP, GB
Connection Support has a range of services providing support to people at risk of homelessness or on the edge of needing social care. We work with people made vulnerable through debt, family circumstances, mental health issues, substance misuse, care leavers, learning disability, age, and physical disabilities. We focus on individuals, to understand their unique set of circumstances, challenges and abilities. They tell us what they want to achieve, their goals and aspirations and we will work with them, providing practical and emotional support to help them to build the skills and confidence to deal with the ups and downs of life.
Volunteers play a key role in the provision of vital services to our clients.
Knowing you have helped someone is an amazing feeling, but there is so much more to gain. New friends, new skills and experience, and confidence, to name but a few!
Volunteers are an integral part of Connection Support so you can be sure your time will be valued.
Not everyone has someone to turn to in a crisis, a friend they can chat to or someone to lend a practical hand or teach them how to navigate online. Connection Support volunteers help fill those gaps and, in doing so, often make a lasting difference to another person’s life.
We have many different services to help a wide range of clients and just a few of our statistics for the last 3 years - 99% of clients were supported in avoiding eviction, 99% of referrals were assessed within 3 years, 21 million has been saved in public funds by keeping these clients off the streets.
If you would like to make a difference than connection support is waiting for you
Princess RisboroughPrincess Risborough, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom
April 6, 2022
- Child Welfare
- Crisis Intervention
- Child Development
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours per week. 4-6 months commitment