Communications Intern for food justice org
ORGANIZATION: Food Shift
Please visit the new page to apply.
Are you passionate about environmental sustainability, social justice, and food waste reduction? You could be a great cultural knit with Food Shift. Our team is currently accepting interns with both remote and on-site opportunities available. Remote internship opportunities can be tailored to each individual’s interests and skills. Intern projects may encompass:
- social media management
- organize, create and schedule monthly newsletter
- food ecosystem mapping
- crafting justice, equity, diversity and inclusion (JEDI)-based onboarding procedures
- community outreach / education
- written or verbal translation
- grant writing
- graphic design / development
Please note we ask for:
- 6 month minimum commitment
- Average 8 hrs./ wk.
- Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion training - hosted by Food Shift
About Food Shift
677 W Ranger Ave, Alameda, CA 94501, US
Food Shift develops holistic, practical solutions to reduce food waste, nourish communities, and provide jobs.
At Food Shift, we believe food alone cannot solve hunger. Food Shift is utilizing opportunities in the food system to address the intersecting issues of climate change, job and economic security, and community health.
Our model focuses on rescuing surplus food that would otherwise waste away in landfills and utilize it to fuel our social enterprise kitchen. We address food insecurity and joblessness in our community through our culinary training, food recovery programs and social enterprise kitchen, which are designed for those facing high barriers to employment.
677 West Ranger AvenueAlameda, CA 94501
April 5, 2022
- Critical Thinking
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Relationship Building
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 month minimum, average 8 hrs. / wk.
- Completion of Food Shift's Justice, Equity Diversity and Inclusion training. Fully vaccinated +1 booster shot for on-site work.