Direct Support Companion- Hunterdon County
ORGANIZATION: Friendly Connections, Inc.
Please visit the new page to apply.
Friendly Connections is seeking Direct Support Companions to join in the mission of partnering with people with disabilities to help build relationships and develop skills to live and work as valued members of their community.
The companion is responsible for providing direct support and/or assistance for individuals with disabilities living at home with family members or living on their own, with roommates or with others without disabilities. The companion will be responsible for working one-on-one with individuals to achieve or maintain increased independence, productivity, and inclusion in their homes and in the community.
Support may include but is not limited to:
- Assisting in completing any other activities of daily living (cooking, light housekeeping, hygiene, etc.)
- Transport client to activities as previously arranged
- Provide assistance with community-based activities
- Accompanying and enabling an individual to attend events
About Friendly Connections, Inc.
10 Crawfords Corner Rd, Unit 785, Holmdel, NJ 07733, US
To improve the well-being of individuals and families of the community.
We are a nonprofit family company that helps connect families and individuals with developmental disabilities with our friendly professionals. We offer social services, namely, companionship services for disabled and elderly persons, and dementia patients.
We have services handled by our Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) in: Supported Employment, Pre-Vocational Training, Community Inclusion Services, Individual Supports, Career Planning, Community Based Supports (CBS), Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, and Physical Therapy; working with people with and without disabilities (such as autism) for adult individuals in the NJ DDD program.
Multiple locations Flemington, NJ 08822
April 5, 2022
- First Aid / CPR
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Our clients have varying schedules though most opportunities would be at least 4 hours a week commitment.
- Use of personal vehicle is important for this type of opportunity.