8 people are interested
Editor for Nonprofit focusing on Education & Empowerment in Uganda
ORGANIZATION: RUKUNDO INTERNATIONAL INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
8 people are interested
The Editor will edit content developed by the communications team for use on our our social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter accounts), website, monthly e-newsletters to supporters, fundraising campaigns, grants, and annual reports.Responsibilities
- Review and rewrite text to convey our mission
- Work with team members to help their ideas and stories succeed
- Be an arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and AP style
- Maintain a consistent writing style and tone of voice across materials from different writers
- Coordinates publishing calendar and manages content areas
- Helps to establish goals and expectations for communications team, in partnership with the Director of Communications
- Suggests engaging stories and ideas in alignment with targeted audience
Time Commitment: 5-10 hours/week
Role Commitment: 1 year
This role is expected to be generally accessible to the Director of Communications and responsive to emails.
- Knowledge of social media and public relations
- Experience in developing communication strategies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Communications, English, or Journalism degree preferred
- Committed to the mission of Rukundo International
17 More opportunities with RUKUNDO INTERNATIONAL INC
About RUKUNDO INTERNATIONAL INC
9601 Shadow Oak Drive, Montgomery Village, MD 20886, US
Rukundo International (RI) empowers Kabale, Uganda's most vulnerable populations with educational and economic opportunities that lead to self-sustaining communities.
Founded in 2014, Rukundo International (RI) is dedicated to the overarching goal to empower women and children in Kabale, Uganda, acting as a partner and advocate, to ensure they have the basic human resources necessary to reach their full potential and to be successful. RI is also dedicated to fostering global awareness between individuals in the US and Uganda, providing opportunities to authentically learn about new cultures and develop meaningful relationships with those outside their community.
- Close to 3,000 Ugandans with access to safe water through installation of four water sources
- 50 vulnerable boys who are "off the streets" due to our boys soccer program
- 136 students enrolled in the Rukundo Preparatory School
- 1,165 girls graduated from the Girls Empowerment Program
- 57 students participating in the Scholars Program
- 22 women participating in the Women’s Cooperative to gain extra income for their households
- 100+ children engaged in our weekly Community Center programs
RI is currently partnered with Kyanamira - a small, rural community in Southwest Uganda - to create holistic, sustainable programs that provide opportunities for education, nutrition, hygiene, social development, & economic success. Working collaboratively with local government officials, community leaders, and the people, RI helps orphans, financially distressed families, and at-risk youth within the community.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
March 15, 2023
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Verbal / Written Communication
- 5-10 hours/week