Marketing Chairperson - Fundraising Gala
ORGANIZATION: GLOBAL ORPHAN PREVENTION
Please visit the new page to apply.
September 17th, 2022
Watch the video from our 2021 event: https://youtu.be/BSGvIlUuJlc
To Apply: Email your resume and/or Linkedin with a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: WE are launching a new charity that will be our American-based charity, called Compass Rose International. The Gala will support both Global Orphan Prevention and Compass Rose International.
Global Orphan Prevention: We prevent orphanage trafficking and child sex trafficking in Nepal & India.
Compass Rose International: We help young women in Denver recalibrate to their True North and remember that their power comes from within through education, and other opportunities.
Purpose of Gala:
To increase awareness and stewardship amongst the Colorado community about our causes and to help them have a more profound understanding of how these issues are connected within our own country.
Additionally, to encourage new and ongoing support from donors, partners, and friends of the charity through
- Highlighting the organization’s programs
- Demonstrating the impact of our work
- Submerging the audience through an experiential event, where guests will activate their sensory channels, creating an emotional connection to the Cause
- By creating memorable experiences that give back or add value to their lives, the guests will feel drawn towards the mission
About the Gala:
AT THIS BLACK-TIE AFFAIR, GUESTS WILL BE SUBMERGED THROUGH AN EXPERIENTIAL EVENT, WHERE THEIR SENSORY CHANNELS WILL BE ACTIVATED, CREATING AN EMOTIONAL CONNECTION TO THE CAUSE. Guests will be treated to delicacies and libations from around the world while visiting creative art installations and exhibits that educate on what it takes for our girls to be free, earning them a stamp on their passports.
Length of Commitment:
- March 14th, 2022 - Sept 24th, 2022
- Committee meetings once per month through June 2021
- Twice per month from July - late September 2021
- Can be held virtual, but a minimum of 3 meetings must be in person
- Committee Members must commit to actively participating for full 6-month planning term
Marketing & Communications Committee:
- Prepare and execute the marketing and communications plan with a volunteer committee
Other Duties Include:
- Help the auction subcommittee secure 2-5 donated products for our silent or live auction
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
- Passion for serving children and youth, and making a difference
- Great communication skills
- Well-organized and reliable
- You resonate with our Core Values (see below)
- Mind, Body, Spirit Connection: Mind-body-spirit means that our wellness comes not just from physical health, but from mind health and spirit health as well.
- Education: We understand that education is the foundation of realizing our true potential. We seek fresh, new ways to educate. We are life-long learners.
- Growth: We are constantly evolving and resilient in the face of life’s challenges, seeing them as opportunities for growth.
- Alignment/Integrity: We match our thoughts, words, feelings, and actions in perfect alignment. We create our lives by design, not default.
- Imagination: We use our creative thinking to envision new possibilities for our life and the world.
- Compassion: We are warm and understanding toward ourselves and others during adversity and feelings of failure.
- Self-Sufficiency: We all have the capability to provide for one’s own needs, through self-advocacy and sustainable foundations.
About GLOBAL ORPHAN PREVENTION
17th Street, Denver, CO 80204, US
We keep mothers and children together through economic opportunity and education. We work to stop the orphan trade and child sex trafficking.
Founded in 2011, we wanted to find a more permanent solution to dismantling for-profit orphan homes in Nepal. During that summer, the founder of Global Orphan Prevention discovered that 85% of children in orphan homes had living parents (UNICEF). Mothers that had been widowed or abandoned were often left with little opportunity for employment and often had to relinquish their children in hopes of providing them a better life in the orphan home. That first summer was spent buying cows and goats to stimulate income generation for such families.
Nowadays, the breath of the organization has extended to working with the Midwifery Society of Nepal providing clean birthing kits and programs in rural villages; thus saving the life of mother or child
17th StreetDenver, CO 80204
April 4, 2022
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Graphic Design / Print
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- 3-5 hours per week