Public Relations Coordinator - NYC Animal Welfare
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Flatbush Cats
Tens of thousands of cats live on the streets in Brooklyn - alone, hungry, and needing medical attention. Flatbush Cats is on a mission to end the cat overpopulation crisis in Brooklyn and beyond once and for all, by providing the resources and support that rescue/TNR volunteers and community members need to give cats a better life.
PUBLIC RELATIONS COORDINATOR VOLUNTEER DESCRIPTION
We're seeking a volunteer, fully-remote Public Relations Coordinator to join our growing team during a time of significant growth and excitement. This person will play a critical role in shaping our communication and media relations strategy - as we take a major step forward for animal welfare in Brooklyn. This role is ideal for seasoned pros who want to lend their expertise to support an important cause, or new professionals looking to expand their skill set.
- Support development of an overall media relations + communications strategy behind a major new announcement (spring 2022).
- Support media kit development - including a press release, video, photos, and contact information (multimedia provided).
- Craft a one-pager and other key messaging materials that can be used in press outreach and donor relations.
- Develop a NYC press list for outlets that cover animal welfare or human interest stories.
- Create a targeted media pitch that includes key messages, facts and quotes.
- Identity potential outlets for editorials, Letters to the Editor, and compelling human interest stories that show the direct impact of cat overpopulation.
Qualifications: Are you?
- An experienced Media and/or Communications professional that loves to tell a story?
- A positive and professional teammate?
- A cat lover, committed to solving the overpopulation crisis?
- A problem solver?
- Organized, self directed, and able to effectively manage your time?
This role requires around 4-6 hours per week to support (completely flexible with your schedule). 100% remote, off-hours are fine.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
348 Coney Island Avenue#2097Kings County, NY 11218
April 2, 2022