Volunteer to help make miracles happen with the human-horse connection
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Horses of Hope/Caballos de Esperanza Inc.
The ideal Horses of Hope/Caballos de Esperanza VOLUNTEER is:
- a team player - open to making suggestions, asking questions, learning new things, and sharing your ideas
- someone who wants to work with horses and people with disabilities or those who have special challenges
- a person willing to commit at least 5 hours a week for a minimum of 10 weeks, keeping a regular schedule (weekdays OR weekends OR both)
- a person whose heart wants to be in nature, connect with our amazing horses, and help empower others who need it most
- a person who is responsible and independent - logs hours and arrives for volunteering on time, follows through with communication
- an individual who accepts and honors others - their feelings, ideas, privacy, and autonomy
- a person who wants to learn about compassionate equestrianism and is willing to put into practice what they learn
- someone at least 14 years of age with a clear criminal background check
- someone who is physically able to walk for 30 minutes, occasionally jog for 5 in warm, sunny temperatures (although we have positions and accommodations if this is not the situation)
- someone who is bilingual (Spanish/English), or speaks English or speaks Spanish
What we provide:
- 8-20 hours of initial training and partnering with a mentor volunteer
- opportunities to celebrate achievements, be recognized and appreciated
- checklists to make sure you are learning what you need (and want) to know
- opportunities for growth and expansion of learning - e.g., exercising horses, special training on topics, helping plan events, learning about nonprofits, assisting with lessons
- a way to be outdoors and enjoy nature in beautiful Puerto Rico
- a welcoming all-inclusive atmosphere and lots of reasons to smile!
You do NOT need horse experience or experience with individuals with disabilities (although we welcome those who do)!
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Isabela, Isabela 00662Puerto Rico
March 31, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK