ORGANIZATION: Boulder County Public Health
Please visit the new page to apply.
BCPH Program & Division: GENERATIONS Program, Community Health Division
Time Commitment: 3-4 hours/week, 3:30 - 7 p.m once/twice a week in Boulder and/or Longmont
Other weeknights/weekends, as needed for additional events
Location: Boulder County- serving Boulder, Longmont and Lafayette youth
The GENERATIONS (formerly known as GENESISTER) Program at Boulder County Public Health (BCPH) supports youth during their teen years as well as their parents/guardians to prevent school dropout and reduce incidences of unplanned pregnancies through mentorship, self-empowerment tools, and culturally responsive programming. Visit GENERATIONS online for more information.
Description of Work:
The position assists GENERATIONS staff in the service delivery of a PYD (Positive Youth Development) culturally grounded, sexual health curriculum to the GENERATIONS participants. The GENERATIONS Program and framework are centering the Latinx, immigrant, and first generation experience of female* youth in Boulder County. Programming aims for inclusivity of LGBTQ2 (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer or Questioning and Two-Spirit) youth, who can become pregnant, as well as allies.
*GENERATIONS deﬁnes female as any person designated/assigned female at birth, and/or who has been socialized as female.
Duties and Responsibilities:
GENERATIONS offers two different types of volunteer positions:
Position 1: Client Transportation/Youth Group Support
* Transports participants in personal vehicle to and from GENERATIONS groups, Fun Nights, and service learning/volunteer projects.
* Works with staff to support in developing, coordinating, and implementing service-learning projects and Fun Nights for youth.
* Assists staff with group meeting set up and break down.
Position 2: Programmatic Support
* Creates and delivers quarterly newsletters to the community/clientele.
* Creates monthly programmatic calendars.
* Supports the Leadership Cohort Intern when needed (e.g. group activities, ice breakers, and resources).
Training and Orientation:
* Initial and ongoing training will be provided, as needed.
* Certain mileage reimbursement for all GENERATIONS-related transportation, as designated by Boulder County, if applicable.
* Excellent opportunity to make a positive difference in the lives of youth and their families and make connections with community partners.
* Flexible work schedule.
* Training opportunities offered by BCPH.
* Opportunity to support reproductive justice and be an additional trusted adult and role model for youth.
* Provided by the GENERATIONS volunteer supervisor individually and/or as part of a group, as needed after volunteer placement.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Awareness of or willingness to learn about racism, xenophobia, privilege, sexism, etc., and their effects on the community at-large.
* Ability to work with high-risk youth and low-income families in a respectful and nonjudgmental fashion.
* Ability to support comprehensive sexual health education and reproductive rights.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to conduct oneself in a responsible and professional manner.
* Ability to be flexible and expect scheduling changes and challenges, as well as unprepared youth and/or families.
* Must manage the creation, maintenance, sharing, storage, and disposal of all client protected health information (PHI) in compliance with applicable Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) requirements.
* Bilingual/Bicultural individuals are highly encouraged to apply.
* For client transportation, must have a reliable personal vehicle that is readily available for business use; minimum liability insurance, as required by the State of Colorado; a valid driver’s license; and a driving record in good standing.
o If traffic accident occurs, must comply with county policy.
* For client transportation, the vehicle must have properly functioning front and back seatbelts, and all passengers (including driver) are always required to wear seatbelts.
* Must submit immunization history form and immunization documentation. Some immunizations (e.g. COVID-19 vaccine) and/or tuberculosis (TB) tests may be required (at the expense of BCPH), and volunteer must comply with these requirements prior to start date.
HOW TO APPLY:
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Submit an application online or contact Volunteer Services:
BCPH Volunteer/Intern Services Program
Boulder CO 80304
03:30 PM to 07:00 PM
twice a week
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Boulder County Public Health
3450 Broadway, Boulder, CO 80304, US
Boulder County Public Health shall protect, promote, and enhance the health and well-being of all people and the environment in Boulder County.
Boulder County Public Health provides public health services to all residents of Boulder County.
Multiple locations Boulder, CO 80309
March 30, 2022
- Youth Services
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check