Bismarck 4 - Volunteers Needed - Foster Grandparent Program
ORGANIZATION: ND SENIOR CAREER DEVELOPMENT
Please visit the new page to apply.
Call Now - 701-483-5335
We are recruiting volunteers throughout western ND for the Foster Grandparent Program. The Foster Grandparent Program is a nationwide program and has been around for over 50 years. This program recruits people 55 and older from local communities to volunteer 5 to 40 hours a week in stations working one-on-one with children. The program goal is to engage seniors to help children by guiding their emotional, social, and academic growth. Qualifying volunteers will also receive required training, an hourly stipend, and reimbursements for meals and mileage.
- Make an impact - As a Foster Grandparent volunteer you will be able to help children in the community develop the academic and life skills that are critical to their development and future successes. Sharing your time and experience can assist children in preparing for school readiness, be there to support children while they learn and grow, help them tackle tough subjects, and guide them into making decisions that keep them on the right path. We will match your skills and passions to opportunities that interest you.
Volunteering just 5 hours a week could make a major difference in a child’s life!
Volunteer tasks could include.
- Comfort/Communicate/Model appropriate social skills
- Positive encouragement/redirection
- Help with schoolwork
- Social/Emotional guidance
Program Qualifications must - be 55 or older
- be able to pass background checks
35 More opportunities with ND SENIOR CAREER DEVELOPMENT
About ND SENIOR CAREER DEVELOPMENT
PO Box 124, DICKINSON, ND 58602, US
Enhancing the lives of our seniors, their families and communities for a stronger North Dakota.
ND Senior Career Development (NDSCD) headquartered in Dickinson ND was established in March 2017 as a non-profit organization created to help North Dakotans. Currently we are advertising for the Foster Grandparent Program. This program recruits’ people 55 and older from local areas to volunteer in the schools and work one-on-one with children who need a little help. This program’s goal is to enhance the child’s educational experience and assist the teacher with their educational objective.
Multiple locations Bismarck, ND 58505
January 24, 2023
- Math / Science Instruction
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteer for a minimum of 5 hours up to 40 hours a week. Did you know that volunteering just 5 hours a week could make a major difference in a child’s life!
- Applicants must meet the program age, income, and background check requirements to receive an hourly stipend and mileage reimbursement.