1 person is interested
ORGANIZATION: Parkinson Canada
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
The Governance & Nominating Committee is calling for candidates for the Parkinson Canada Board of Directors. There are four (4) vacancies to be filled for this year. All Directors will be elected for a three (3) year term (2022 - 2025).
Parkinson Canada’s mission is to transform the lives of People Living with Parkinson’s through: RESEARCH leading to the end of Parkinson’s, ADVOCACY bringing the voices of Parkinson’s to the forefront and SUPPORT helping people living with Parkinson’s live well through education and services.
What We Need:
Parkinson Canada is looking particularly for leadership volunteers with expertise in the following categories: financial expertise, government relations expertise and networks, and networking ability for fundraising. The board is also looking to fill seats designated for people living with Parkinson’s.
Emphasis will be on recruitment of candidates who have the time and experience to make a significant impact on the long-term performance of Parkinson Canada. Parkinson Canada is seeking applications that represent Canada’s linguistic, cultural and geographic diversity.
In keeping with its organizational values and guiding principles, Parkinson Canada is committed to social justice, anti-discriminatory practices, and diversity. By recognizing and respecting human differences and similarities, Parkinson Canada will make every effort to ensure its volunteers and employees are representative and reflective of the communities across Canada.
Parkinson Canada believes and strives to makes its Board of Directors inclusive and reflective of the communities we serve. We encourage applications that represent Canada’s linguistic and geographic diversity; the need for balanced gender representation and a diversity of ages; persons with lived experience of Parkinson's disease, including those living with Parkinson's disease; individuals from culturally diverse communities; and people with disabilities.
The following attributes will also be considered:
- Big picture thinker - visionary and strategic
- Passion and commitment for Parkinson’s
- Credible: a strong reputation that inspires respect
- Consensus Builder
- Motivator: ability to influence stakeholders and investors
- Bridge Builder: demonstrated ability to network and make connections
- Engagement: time and energy to participate in Board meetings, discussions and work
- Prior Pan-Canadian Board experience
- Professional development and training in Governance
- Diversity (i.e., languages spoken, age, gender, visible minority, etc.)
- A willingness to participate in and support Parkinson Canada fundraising activities
- Philanthropic leadership through a personal financial commitment to Parkinson Canada
- A minimum of three weekend in-person Board meetings per year (travel may be required)
- 1-2 teleconference Board meetings; and
- Participation on a minimum of one Board committee
- All applicants must submit a letter of interest, a completed Board Director Application form, and a resume. Selected applicants will be contacted by the Governance and Nominating Committee to arrange an interview.
- All other applicants will be informed about the outcome of the selection process by May 20, 2022.
- Elections for the Board of Directors will take place at the Parkinson Canada Annual General Meeting of Members on Saturday June 18, 2022, in Toronto, Ontario.
The closing date for applications will be April 19, 2022
Interested parties can access the Board Director Application Form and Director Position Description Here .
Please send your completed application form and resume by e-mail to:
Chair, Governance & Nominating Committee
4211 Yonge Street, Suite 316
Toronto, Ontario M2P 2A9 c/o Valerie Foote
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
About Parkinson Canada
316-4211 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario M2P 2A9, CA
Our mission is to transform the lives of People Living with Parkinson’s. We do this through: - Research leading to the end of Parkinson’s. - Advocacy bringing the voices of Parkinson’s to the forefront. - Support helping people living with Parkinson’s live well through education.
Parkinson Canada is the national voice of Canadians living with Parkinson’s disease. From diagnosis to discovery, we guide the way for Canadians to live well with Parkinson’s disease through education, advocacy and support services. Our National Research Program funds innovative research to search for better treatments and a cure. A national registered charity, Parkinson Canada fulfils its mission through the generosity of donors and is an accredited organization under the Imagine Canada Standards Program.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
March 30, 2022
- Patient Care
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training