Physicians: Volunteer with CMMB in South Sudan
Please visit the new page to apply.
Join our growing team of global health volunteers!
Change the lives of women and children, and change your own life as well!
Volunteer Position : Physician
Term : 6 - 12 months
Locations : Nzara or Yambio, South Sudan
Contact & Application :
Apply online at : https://cmmb.org/get-involved/volunteer/
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you a Physician wanting to make a huge difference to women, children and communities in South Sudan? Join our CMMB team in South Sudan! Physicians are invited to join our community health programs to improve the health and well being of the most vulnerable.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Volunteers work directly with hospital leadership and clinical staff on health service delivery, capacity building, on the job training and various outreach projects within the community setting.
- Responsibilities include general surgery, surgical-needs assessment, and training of local staff.
- Provide direct patient care for clinical patients for designated specialty.
- Prescribe preoperative and postoperative treatments and procedures, preparation and treatment of the patient’s operation area.
- Operate on patients to correct deformities, repair injuries, prevent and treat diseases, or improve or restore patients’ functions.
- Monitor patients’ conditions and progress and reevaluate treatment as necessary.
- Function appropriately as part of the care delivery team through efficient use of resources and skills, both their own and those of other providers and staff.
- Utilize quality improvement tools to develop processes that promote continuous improvement in delivery of patient care, patient outcomes or workflows.
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary team approach to case management
- Conduct needs assessment on staff education, develop trainings and deliver trainings to clinical staff within facility
- Create formalized education materials for Hospital staff
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Skill Requirements
- Relevant M.D or D.O
- Current, active license to practice medicine in good standing with licensing body
- Board Certification
- Completion of residency program
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience
- Knowledge of professional and ethical standard of health care delivery and practice
- Capacity to administer treatment to patients while dealing with them in a sympathetic and tactful manner
- Ability to work and live with a diverse group of professionals
- Familiarity and interest in global health issues, especially maternal and child health issues
- Familiarity and interest in public and community health, or preventative medicine
- Willingness to endure resource-limited working conditions and evening/weekend hours
- International experience or experience working in developing countries is preferred
- Experience as a supervisor, manager, teacher, trainer and/or any relevant leadership activities is preferred
- Experience in emergency obstetrics and one of the following areas: Trauma, Pediatric, Orthopedic and Reconstructive/Plastic/Maxillofacial and Burn Surgery are preferred
- Able to perform Caesarean sections is preferred
Benefits & Conditions : Each international volunteer who serves 6 months or longer in the field receives a round-trip ticket to their placement site, housing, a monthly stipend, insurance coverage, storytelling and fundraising training, and the opportunity to contribute to vital community development initiatives for under-served populations while building a longstanding legacy for the community. Volunteers are required to share stories from the field and cover part of the cost of their placement through fundraising ($5,000).
CMMB - Healthier Lives Worldwide is an international, faith-based NGO providing long-term, co-operative, medical and development aid to communities affected by poverty and unequal access to healthcare. For over a century, we have worked to strengthen and support communities through healthcare programs and initiatives, the distribution of medicines and medical supplies, and the placement of volunteers.
CMMB’s Volunteer Program addresses the critical need for professionals in areas that lack sufficient resources for quality preventive and curative health services, especially for women and children. Our Volunteer Program has placed thousands of practitioners around the world to help develop and implement community health interventions, work at local hospitals and health facilities, conduct clinical training for host country counterparts, and deliver essential medicines and supplies. The ultimate goal of CMMB's Volunteer Program is to support our country teams and local healthcare workers by sending volunteers that are dedicated to strengthening local health systems and supporting a pattern of sustainable development.
CMMB in South Sudan :
CMMB has been working in the Republic of South Sudan, the world’s newest nation, since 2009. South Sudan has recently suffered from devastating civil conflict that has destroyed social services and health infrastructure. Compounding matters, conflict in countries bordering South Sudan has also spilled over into the country. CMMB currently works in Mvolo, Ezo, Yambio and Ibba counties in the greater Western Equatoria region.
CMMB’s CHAMPS areas in South Sudan serve the towns and surrounding areas of Ezo, Nzara, and Yambio. The initiative focuses on safe motherhood, child protection, safe water and sanitation, and women’s empowerment. CMMB provides HIV/AIDS care and treatment and community health workers conduct health information sessions, testing and adherence counseling. The CMMB team provides training and mentorship to local healthcare workers and water committees and manages the supply and distribution of medications and water purification tablets.
Country Offices : Nzara & Yambio, South Sudan
Learn More About Nzara: https://cmmb.org/champs-community/nzara-south-sudan/
Learn More About Yambio: https://cmmb.org/champs-community/yambio-south-sudan/
Contact & Application :
Apply online at: https://cmmb.org/get-involved/volunteer/
100 Wall St, Floor 9, New York, NY 10005, US
Inspired by the example of Jesus, CMMB works in partnership globally to deliver locally sustainable, quality health solutions to women, children, and their communities.
CMMB is a leading faith-based NGO focused exclusively on global health care for the world’s poor, by building healthy, sustainable communities through community engagement and partnerships. Now entering its second century, CMMB is committed to integrating and focusing its programming around saving the lives of children and mothers by concentrating on leading causes of mortality in targeted communities.
Building around a new CHAMPS (CHildren And Mother PartnershipS) model, CMMB works at both the community and clinical levels in these targeted communities to strengthen health services and address the leading causes of maternal and child death. CMMB has committed to develop 20 CHAMPS sites by 2020, incorporating at least 3 in Haiti, Kenya, Peru, South Sudan, and Zambia.
Country OfficeNzara, South Sudan
March 30, 2022
- Children Medical Services
- Patient Care
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months