DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Donor Engagement Specialist
ORGANIZATION: T.E.A. (Teach Empower Achieve)
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
TITLE: Donor Engagement Specialist
OBJECTIVE : To serve as a communications liaison between T.E.A. donors and or external stakeholders and assist with fundraising efforts.
- To email donors using the agency’s mailing system.
- To call donors once a quarter to maintain donor contact.
- To assist with the publication and or distribution of the agency newsletter.
- To assist with the publication and distribution of the agency’s e-newsletter
- Review entries in CRM database and provide and interpret reports and development terms.
- Must love social media, and enjoy engaging with others on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and other platforms.
You will use a variety of digital means including social media, the web, and paid ads on Google, Facebook, and other platforms.
You must be skilled in the use of a wide variety of digital marketing tools and in the ways to use the content of all sorts to successfully reach the people T.E.A. aims to impact. You must also be responsible, detail-oriented, flexible, and comfortable working with a wide variety of people.
We hope that you will have extensive and varied experience with digital marketing.
The following characteristics are important in serving as an ambassador to persons and families of the T.E.A. program:
- Openness to values, living standards, and lifestyles different from your own.
- Flexible approach to selecting activities, based on the interests of the child and the goals of the match relationship.
- Demonstrated ability to be consistent and reliable.
- A history of healthy interpersonal skills and relationships.
- Self-awareness, emotional and cognitive maturity appropriate to mentoring.
TIME/LOCATION : Flexible
LENGTH OF COMMITMENT: 1 year
PREPARATION AND TRAINING: Enrollment process and Training. 2-3 hours with T.E.A. staff.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About T.E.A. (Teach Empower Achieve)
1314 HOLDEN ST, Detroit, MI 48202, US
T.E.A. (Teach. Empower. Achieve.) is a 501c3 workforce development organization that serves as a partner for people, primarily women, facing barriers to employment and aims to be a driver of equitable change. T.E.A. works in close collaboration with existing businesses to identify employment needs and job development solutions that support and provides resources for participants' pathways towards self-sufficiency.
T.E.A. was the birth child of Amy Peterson and Diana Roginson. Amy formerly lived next to a housing shelter in Detroit. Over time she saw various women come and leave the shelter and struck up conversations with them and their families. These conversations led Amy to wonder how she could best help them to escape the poverty she saw daily. These conversations resulted in the creation of the social enterprise, Rebel Nell. Now a major jewelry retailer; Rebel Nell has been featured on NBC News and the Today Show, and has brick and mortar stores in Detroit, Novi, and helped dozens of women escape poverty.
As Rebel Nell grew, the ladies realized that the natural focus became the jewelry, as that was Rebel Nell’s source of revenue and pathway for the women to sustain themselves financially. This growth created the struggle of balancing sales and mission. Seeing the community need was too high for Rebel Nell to address alone and noting the benefits of direct financial support, resume coaching, and financial planning for Rebel Nell designers; Amy and Diana brainstormed more sustainable ways to provide resources, education, coaching, and additional support beyond what was possible with a Rebel Nell job alone. Thus, in 2017, T.E.A. (Teach. Empower. Achieve.) was formed.
T.E.A. currently seeks to fulfill the original mission that prompted the creation of Rebel Nell by taking the lessons learned in its development and implementing its programming success by working with other employers to expand employment and opportunities for women.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
May 4, 2022
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Social Media / Blogging
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- No more than two to four hours weekly
- Comfortable with e-newsletters, email, zoom, google meets, and various social media platforms.