20 people are interested
Put Your Spanish Speaking Skills to Work! Help Families in our Health Access Program!
ORGANIZATION: Northern Virginia Family Service
Please visit the new page to apply.
20 people are interested
Volunteers are needed to assist in our Health Access program. The Health Access Assistant will support Health Access Program Supervisor with day-to-day operations to assist in providing service to clients.
- Update electronic client files using NVFS specific database/Apricot
- Follow-up with clients and prospective clients via phone
- Assist with conducting client intake, surveys, etc.
- Help create health literacy education material for distribution at events in the community
- Attend community events on-line and in-person when available (about once a quarter)
- Other office duties as required including, making copies and sending faxes, helping organize hard copy files and program materials.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must be Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Be flexible, reliable and quick learner
- Must be familiar with Google doc, Canva or other graphic design software/program
- Must have some knowledge of data entry and be computer savvy
- Should be outgoing, takes initiative, organized and approachable
- Must have computer/laptop and internet access at home
- Must be comfortable with coming on-site when necessary
- Ensure members of the community have access to some kind of health care resources
- Learn more about non-profits are addressing issue of health disparity in certain communities
We are looking for volunteers who can commit to 2-4 hours per week. This is an awesome opportunity for anyone looking to learn more about non-profits and how services are delivered to the community.
6 More opportunities with Northern Virginia Family Service3 Reviews
About Northern Virginia Family Service
10455 White Granite Drive, Suite 100, Oakton, VA 22124, US
To empower individuals and families to improve their quality of life, and to promote community cooperation and support in responding to family needs.
Northern Virginia Family Service (NVFS) is dedicated to helping individuals and families find new paths to self-reliance and brighter futures. Over 36,000 individuals and families turn to us each year for support in the following areas:
- Early Child Development
- Workforce Development
- Health & Mental Health
- Intervention and Prevention
- Child Placement
- Legal Services
Programs include job training, homelessness prevention, counseling, affordable medical care referrals, foster care, debt management and child abuse prevention.
SERVE10056 Dean DriveManassas, VA 20110
March 12, 2023
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- 2-4 hours a week