- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
Baseball coaches needed for Little League on Boston Common - Spring 2022
ORGANIZATION: Hill House, Inc.
Please visit the new page to apply.
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
Hill House Baseball is set to return for another spring as downtown Boston's Little League! Our Majors league is run for 11-13 year olds, a co-ed age group that is a ton of fun to coach as we introduce a few of the more advanced skills and mechanics to players eager to learn how to pitch and hit off of other players.
Hill House Majors Baseball is a volunteer-led program that runs team practices on Mondays and Wednesdays from 5:00-7:00pm, as well as on Saturdays from 9:00-11:00am.
Hill House is seeking enthusiastic and energetic coaches to help lead or assist with each team for practices and game days. Prior experience working with children is a plus, and only starting to intermediate baseball knowledge is needed!
A New Coaches Clinic and training pre-season can be offered.
Our spring season runs from the first week of April through mid-June. Our leagues will not meet on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend.
Our programming is predominantly run on the Teddy Ebersol Red Sox Fields located on Esplanade as well as on Boston Common. Most programs will be set the Beacon Hill area where we are based.
Hill House is a nonprofit community center located on Beacon Hill that serves Boston’s diverse downtown neighborhoods.
Hill House has truly become the 'backyard in the city’ for thousands of families. Hill House is one of the most successful community centers in the area and one of the fastest growing. This is an opportunity for an enterprising individual to help shape that growth while respecting and leveraging Hill House’s strong history.
The mission of Hill House is to provide programs, services and activities to meet the diverse social, educational, cultural and recreational needs of individuals and families residing in Boston’s downtown neighborhoods. Through quality programs, collaborative partnerships and volunteer support, Hill House seeks to build and foster a strong sense of urban community and improve the quality of life for residents of all ages.
- COMMUNITY: Our commitment is to our community. We focus on the community wants & needs first. Our mission is to bring people together, and we do that by listening, responding, and ensuring an environment of warmth and welcoming. We are the connectivity that binds our neighbors, community, and the larger city.
- HAPPINESS & FUN: Promote happiness for our families, program participants, and our staff and volunteers to create a happy organization! We do this by infusing fun into all we do. We let our inner child and zest for life shine!
- ENRICHMENT: Provide high quality programming to support physical, mental, creative, social, and emotional growth. The center of every program is about building skills, enjoyment, and an enriching experience.
- INCLUSIVENESS: We strive to make our organization as inclusive, diverse, and accessible as possible and to make sure the opportunity provided in our programs is available to any who wish to participate. We reflect the diversity of what it means to live in our city.
- TEAMWORK & COLLABORATION: We are only as strong as the sum of our parts and that means no individual can do it alone. We emphasize teamwork on the fields, in the classroom, and in the office. We support each other, our community, and our mission.
About Hill House, Inc.
127 Mt. Vernon Street, Boston, MA 02108, US
Hill House, Inc., founded in 1966, is an independent, non-profit community center in the City of Boston. The mission of Hill House is to provide programs, services and activities to meet the diverse social, educational, cultural and recreational needs of individuals and families residing in Boston's downtown neighborhoods. Through quality programs, collaborative partnerships and volunteer support, Hill House seeks to build and foster a strong sense of urban community and improve the quality of life for residents of all ages.
As a non-profit organization, we rely heavily on the generosity of community members like you to sustain operations and provide much needed resources to the surrounding area. If you are interested in volunteering for the Hill House, we have created a form to better understand exactly what it is you would like to help us with and where your skills and abilities are best utilized within our organization.
Boston CommonBoston, MA 02108
March 29, 2022
- Sports Coaching
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
- Outdoor Recreation
- Background Check
- 4-6 hours/week