Disaster Action Team DeKalb County, AL
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Alabama Mississippi Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
Are you looking to do something life-changing in your community, work with a passionate team, and help others when it's needed most? Join us!
The American Red Cross is active in DeKalb County, AL and we're looking for volunteers to help with disaster relief. We help local families that need food, shelter, clothing and other emergency services after their home was lost in a fire or flood. In addition to helping after a disaster, Red Cross volunteers helped in preventing fires by installing smoke alarms at no cost to families.
Join us and volunteer with the Red Cross today! We work with your schedule and we will support you every step of the way. The training includes online courses and response calls. We work together as a cohesive unit and as one family. Sleeves Up. Hearts Open. All In.
To provide support and assistance to individuals and families who have been impacted by a local disaster.
- Works as part of an assigned team to respond to local disasters within two hours
- Delivers immediate direct client assistance in accordance with Red Cross standards and procedures.
- Attends regularly scheduled team/DAT meetings by Chapter/Region
- Commits to being available during assigned shifts, and communicate scheduling conflicts with DAT Leadership
- Demonstrated commitment to the Red Cross mission
- Able to follow Red Cross DAT and other related standards and procedures.
- Must have a valid driver's license and/or a timely, reliable way to get to the scene.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
Job Type: Part-time
- On the road or work from home
- Work from home or in person
- Flexible schedule
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Monday - Friday or Weekends
- On call
About American Red Cross - Alabama Mississippi Region
700 Caldwell Trace, Birmingham, AL 35242, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
DeKalb County AreaDeKalb, AL 35967
March 28, 2022
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Disaster Response
- Basic Computer Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- (2) Shifts per month