DEVT:Grants Writing Team Lead
Please visit the new page to apply.
JerseySTEM applies to grants for the purpose of providing funding for the programs we run in the middle schools in New Jersey, benefiting minority middle school girls
Our team of 5 volunteer Grant writers is in charge of drafting compelling grants and submitting them to the different foundations and Grantmakers that have been previously screened by our team of Grant Researchers.
Each Grant Writer is expected to submit one grant per month.
The job of the Grants Writing Team Lead (you) is to :
- Attend and manage the weekly Grant Writing call on Tuesdays 8pm:8:30pm EST (6 people)
- Assign grants to individual grant writers
- Enquire about progress, roadblocks
- Assist Grant Writers if they are missing information or need help
- Liaise with the Grant Research team to ensure a steady supply of grants the Grant Writing Team can apply to
- Team and project management skills
- People skills. Manage without formal authority.
- Knowledge about grants
A week in a life of the Grant Writer Team Lead (example 4 hours/week):
- 45mn: Tuesday 8pm-8:30pm: attend the Team meeting
- 45mn: Wednesday 6pm (optional): Attend the Grants Research team
- 15mn x 4: Weekday : check email. Answer questions. Check Kanban board to observe progress
- 30mn: Week-end: Attend Management team meeting
- 1 hour: Review marketing collaterals and ensure Writers have the resources hey need.
36 Chatham Road, Summit, NJ 07901, US
JerseySTEM is a grassroots 501(c) nonprofit organization dedicated to bringing Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math ("STEM") education to pre-teen and teenage girls and underserved children in New Jersey. We partner with socially responsible companies and their employees, youth organizations in underserved communities, and civic-minded college students and universities. Together we develop and deliver innovative, hands-on, and online afterschool projects and inquiry-based learning opportunities that develop teamwork, 21st-century problem-solving skills, and self-esteem.
Incorporated in 2013, JerseySTEM started bringing afterschool enrichment programs to middle school girls in 2015.
We have since provided 1,000 students with exposure to afterschool enrichment programs delivering more than 20,000 hours of instruction. Students learn to code, build robots, solve problems and through that process gain self-esteem and confidence that they can be the leaders of tomorrow.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
April 19, 2022
- Grant Writing / Research
- Internet Research
- People Skills
- Project Management
- People 55+
- 4 hours per week. Minimum 3 months
- Willingness to learn Jira and Salesforce