DONATE TO THIS
27 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Paws and Claws Chicago Rescue
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
27 people are interested
If you are looking for something fun to get involved in and are wanting more connections with people and animals, this is a volunteer opportunity with a progressive close knit community where you will make a true difference in the lives of animals and humans. Paws and Claws is looking for an Adoption Counselor to work a hybrid volunteer role (part work from home, part work at our Adoption Center in Evanston).
Adoption counselors will be responsible for matching adopters with cats who will be a good fit for their lifestyle, home and needs. You are a matchmaker for felines and get the wonderful job of pairing families with their new furry family members.
Paws and Claws is a cat rescue organization in Evanston, Il. The rescue serves the Chicagoland area and focuses on cats and kittens who are homeless or at risk of euthanasia. Our goal is to provide every animal in our care with behavioral, emotional and medical care, and to eventually match them with a family. We will provide you with mentorship, ongoing close communication with leadership, and 10-15 hrs of training.
- Reading through foster feedback forms to learn about animals personalities
- Reviewing applications via our shelter software
- Leading calls with potential adopters to learn about their needs, lifestyle, home environment, other pets and family members, etc.
- Suggesting and talking about animals who may be a good match for the family
- Guiding in-person meet and greets at our Adoption Center
- Processing paperwork and communicating with adopters via email
- Following up with adopters post adoption to check in and offer support and guidance when needed
- Passion for animals and animal welfare
- Excellent customer service skills/communication skills
- An open-mind and non-judgmental attitude towards people of all races, ethnicities, socioeconomic backgrounds, religions, and lifestyles
- Able to read people and make fair unbiased decisions on families who may not be a good match for our organization and adoption program
- Understanding of, or a willingness to learn about, basic animal behavior, food, exercise, vet care, pet insurance, and basic animal illnesses
- Kindness and friendly disposition
- Flexible hours but ideally someone who can dedicate 5-10+ hours per week
- Must be 25 years of age or older
- Looking for a minimum of a year long commitment
- Must be able to commit to in-person hours in Evanston
Please email email@example.com if you are interested in joining our team.
Paws and Claws Website: https://www.pawsandclawschicagorescue.org/
4 More opportunities with Paws and Claws Chicago Rescue1 Review
About Paws and Claws Chicago Rescue
N/A, Evanston, IL 60202, US
Paws and Claws Rescue is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to preventing and alleviating the suffering caused by abuse, neglect, and overpopulation. We help dogs and cats mentally and physically heal, and give them a chance to find love, a full life, and a forever home.
Paws and Claws is a foster-based rescue that focuses on rescuing orphaned neonatal kittens, nursing kittens with their mothers, under-socialized cats, and dogs who have been at animal care and control facilities for too long. We see ourselves as the crossing guards for these vulnerable animals, helping them get from their past, whether that be from a traumatic home, a kennel, or a euthanasia list, to a safe and kind human who will love them.
829 Chicago AvenueEvanston, IL 60202
January 30, 2023
- Customer Service
- Animal Care / Handling
- Program Management
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10+ hours per week on average
- Working computer and access to internet. Able to volunteer in person in Evanston.